Has anyone run High Impact beadlocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought the 17" Monster beadlocks. For the time that I ran them, I had no problem running them on or off the street. The only problem that I had, was, I ordered 3.5" backspacing, when the time came to install the wheels on to my rig, my studs were too short. I had to order longer studs inorder to bolt the rims on to the hub. (The hubs center was much thicker that the standard steel rims.) I couldent find an excact match , so I ordered standard thread from arp or someone, opened up the holes, and hammered them in.. it took an extra 3 weeks before i had the new rims on.
Other than that. I like them.

High Impact = Allied Wheel...

I've had two sets, 15x10's on a set of 38.5 SX's and 17x9's on a set of 39.5 IROKs....really liked the rims, other than having SO many bolts to deal with....

I've got Trail Ready's on my Pitbull's now...honestly, not as big a fan....look nicer when new, but the alum ring looks terrible after the first run in the rocks....

treeroot runs them, brian is right, they are allied. after seeing treeroots experience over the last few years, i highly recommend them. he's never had leak down issues, never had problems with loose bolts. if i had the $, i'd have a few sets now.

Offset MRW BEADLocK Rock Crawler Wheels Off Road Wheels  Racing Wheels

Scroll down, look at the diagram and read the part about minimum backspacing:

"SO HOW DO WE GET LESS THAN 3" backspace?

By turning the wheel around and putting the Front Bell on the inside. This time when we put the center at the extreme weldable surface of the valley, we achieve and backspace of 1"."

From what I have always heard, the bead toward the center of your vehicle is stronger and thus you only need a beadlock on the outside of the wheel. If they are turning the wheel around to achieve backspacing less than 3", does that mean that the actual lock will be on the bead that doesn't really need it, and thus you will be popping the inner bead instead?

Yup. Standard wheels will almost always blow the outer bead when it happens. A reversed wheel will loose the inner bead as the wheel seat is now on the outer edge. I used to run a reversed "rockcrawler" wheel and when I lost beads, it was always the inner bead.

My opinion is a reversed wheel with an outer beadlock is pointless.

BTW, haven't run Allied's yet but I think my latest project is calling for a set of Monsters.

I've looked at High Impacts wheels through my extensive googling on the internet machine, but i think i might be going with KMC's...

High Impact = Allied Wheel...

I've got Trail Ready's on my Pitbull's now...honestly, not as big a fan....look nicer when new, but the alum ring looks terrible after the first run in the rocks....

Same could be said for your body panels :D

Yup. Standard wheels will almost always blow the outer bead when it happens. A reversed wheel will loose the inner bead as the wheel seat is now on the outer edge. I used to run a reversed "rockcrawler" wheel and when I lost beads, it was always the inner bead.

BTW, haven't run Allied's yet but I think my latest project is calling for a set of Monsters.

I guess I will have to go with 3" backspacing in order to get a beadlock that isn't reversed.

I bought some MRWs, 15x10 with 3 inch backspacing today. Damn I hate spending money on steel.

and its impossible to mount the tire on a reversed wheel, with an outer beadlock,

ask me how i know

Got the MRWs mounted and put some of those beads in the tire for balancing. I am happy.

What type of beads did you use for balancing??

I have a handfull of Small zinc coated BB's in mine, and i still get a bad vibration at about 55 with my Pit Bull's..

It's a s*** ton of tiny plastic beads that come in a plastic bag that you stick inside the tire before you mount it up. If you want the brand name, I will look when I get home. They helped out my swampers a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom