79' carb linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
NEW PICS 79' carb linkage

I'm having an issue w/ the carb linkage for my fj40.I have a beautiful rebuilt Aisan carb, and many shiny linkage parts. Have used SOR's pic for reference and almost have the linkage connected. The horizontal rod w/ ball ends which attatches to firewall bracket on 1 end ,and to a bracket mounted to carb studs on the other, appears to be short. The firewall bracket side looks like it should hold the ball end of rod in a rubber grommet. When all is connected, the ball end is just pressed against the grommet, not passing through it. It looks sketchy, I dont believe thats the correct assembly. The carb end is held securely in a cup w/ a pin securing it. The pedal functions and all the parts acctuate,but I have my doubts. I have numerous brackets and supports and have tried multiple configs, and this is as close as I've gotten.Some of the parts just flat out cant be used because of bolt spacing. Any in put would be appreciated. I will try to post some pics tonight (or asap) Thanks! Here are the pics- I'm not sure how to place captions, but they are as described in post.
Thnx again !

Last edited:
Here is my 79 linkage for reference.

carblinkage007nj0.jpg

The carb is not a 79 but that does not matter. Pay no mind to the massive exhaust leak due to my tweaked header.

carblinkage002ji0.jpg

I'm having an issue w/ the carb linkage for my fj40.I have a beautiful rebuilt Aisin carb, and many shiny linkage parts. Have used SOR's pic for reference and almost have the linkage connected. The horizontal rod w/ ball ends which attatches to firewall bracket on 1 end ,and to a bracket mounted to carb studs on the other, appears to be short. The firewall bracket side looks like it should hold the ball end of rod in a rubber grommet. When all is connected, the ball end is just pressed against the grommet, not passing through it. It looks sketchy, I dont believe thats the correct assembly. The carb end is held securely in a cup w/ a pin securing it. The pedal functions and all the parts acctuate,but I have my doubts. I have numerous brackets and supports and have tried multiple configs, and this is as close as I've gotten.Some of the parts just flat out cant be used because of bolt spacing. Any in put would be appreciated. I will try to post some pics tonight (or asap) Thanks!
You have a mixture of FJ60 linkage and FJ40 body.

Post up some pics so we can figger it out.

New Pics- 79' carb linkage

Finally got a few pics posted.

Your parts are too shiny! You must have polished off a good 1/8" of material. I will trade the authentically aged linkage out of my 79, will fit pefect.

The big swivel bracket hangs on the FJ60 firewall. If you can find room for it, that will give the correct socket for the rear ball end to pivot in.

Or just get the correct FJ40 linkage, as seen in JS's pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom