Lengthen Brake Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a stupid question. Read no further unless you want to answer a stupid question. How long of brake lines do you use for an SOA lift? I have an Alcans lift that basically lifts it SOA or almost. It's the last thing I need to do before I go wheelin' & learnin' & wheelin', etc.

:beer::beer:

I can't give you an exact answer because I don't sell or use Alcans, but regardless here's the right way to do it:
(a) install springs, then jack up vehicle to full droop/tires off the ground.
(b) now measure length needed, allowing for some slack in the hose while at full droop.
We actually make some 28" long hoses for guys running our 4" springs with our Cantilever Spring Shackles, don't know if they'll help you???

Posted this in the Alcan thread for ya... but here's a copy:

I used the MAF stainless SOA lines... seemed like the 4" over stock ones wouldn't have done the job. Plenty of room left over now for articulation, and I don't have to worry about popping one off or worse at full droop on the right side.

25 1/2" braided lines, part # 90947-02230SSL, $36.95. x2.

Man-A-Fre Advance Off-Road Solutions

NAPA 38009

I was searching around a few weeks ago about this. these NAPA 38009 Brake lines have 10mm ends and they are longer than the MAF ss lines (forget how long?) but only like 4-6 inches longer. They are "rubber" not SS. They are $17.00 each. Usually not in stock but no shipping to get them to your store (or at least not here in Bend coming form Portland).

The "rubber" OEM have lasted 24 years in my rig..so I don't see any reason to go SS other than to just spend double the $$, I don't buy into being able to tell that the brakes will be "firmer" with the SS lines, maybe so but I don't use my rig in city driving, why else would that matter?.

If you search "NAPA 38009" I think the threads will pop up.

Marlin Crawler sells some killer brake lines. You might check with them to see if custom lengths are available.

NAPA 38009

I was searching around a few weeks ago about this. these NAPA 38009 Brake lines have 10mm ends and they are longer than the MAF ss lines (forget how long?) but only like 4-6 inches longer. They are "rubber" not SS. They are $17.00 each. Usually not in stock but no shipping to get them to your store (or at least not here in Bend coming form Portland).

The "rubber" OEM have lasted 24 years in my rig..so I don't see any reason to go SS other than to just spend double the $$, I don't buy into being able to tell that the brakes will be "firmer" with the SS lines, maybe so but I don't use my rig in city driving, why else would that matter?.

If you search "NAPA 38009" I think the threads will pop up.

38009 is 22.250 inchs long. I just returned one today because the female fittings were wrong for my 87.

I used the Napa part numbers listed in the faq section, they worked just dandy.

edit: sorry, tech trivia section not faq

I had mine made at a local hydraulic shop for cheaper then napa and quicker. Just take your old fittings so you get the right new ones and tell them how long you want it. They were about $15 each.

Downey brake hoses are not $15.00 or $20.00 each, they're $29.95, BUT Toyota has two different lengths of male threads, so rather than sending you hoses with a 50% chance they will not fit your vehicle, we split the difference to the thousanth of an inch, had custom fittings made, and supply SS Hoses that fit either one of Toyotas female depths. OOPS, this is an ad, I'm not suppose to do this!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom