a few questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i have an 86 4runner Turbo. i was reading the ifs lift section out of ih8mud and the FAQ's and such, which went off into tangents and seperate thing most of the time. and while some or most of the posts were dated by a year or so i was just wondering what might be the best option for me as far as (one): fitting 33's under my rig as from what everyone seemed to agree on was that the ground clearance gained from that enabled them to navigate most trails with a minimal of dragging. (two): after reading up on you guys im very excited about going out and having fun with you guys and my girlfriend and daughter as well she supports me in all my interests. what sort of setup should i look into in able to be at least adequate in joining in all of the club festivities( as far as vehicle performance goes). (and C): what is it im actually needing to do in order to submit a membership request to the club?

thanks,

J

We are a family oriented club who loves to wrench on our rigs during wrenching week ends and go wheeling.

There are some ByLaws in the sticky at the top of the club posts. In a nut shell, attend three meetings, attend two club runs and at least one club event. Helping HudyHue fix his wiring issue is an event but not a club event. We then vote on you becoming a member.

Meetings are the first tuesday of the month in Visalia.

So do you want a trail truck or do you want to play in the rocks? When i had my stock 4runner I had some add-a-leafs put in and cranked the torsion bars up and got 32's under it. If you really want to off road don't waste money on an IFS lift, start saving for the solid axle swap.

how hard is a SAS to do? and what sort of costs am i looking at for it as well?

hopefully ill be able to make it out to that meeting on the 6th ill let you guys know.

j

but most importantly get out on the trail and have fun and learn how your rig handles and then build to suit....im one of our lowest rigs...sitting large on 31's open front and rear but iwill go till my rigs limitations/safe to do so....biulding as i go...

but most importantly get out on the trail and have fun and learn how your rig handles and then build to suit....im one of our lowest rigs...sitting large on 31's open front and rear but iwill go till my rigs limitations/safe to do so....biulding as i go...

x2
I have a 73 fj40 project I'll sell you for $2000
73 FJ40 003.jpg

x2
I have a 73 fj40 project I'll sell you for $2000

You need matching tires and whees :) does it run? The guy that does my tattoos was talking about getting one and so was my neighbor. If either one of them did buy it, I would have to get it running and driveable. So, if it is at least only a few wrenching weekends away from running, I could pass on the info to them.

No engine or tranny in the one that H2OBOSS is selling.

You need matching tires and whees :) does it run? The guy that does my tattoos was talking about getting one and so was my neighbor. If either one of them did buy it, I would have to get it running and driveable. So, if it is at least only a few wrenching weekends away from running, I could pass on the info to them.

who does your tats? chris dan, lou,lil lou?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom