FJ60 4 speed to BJ40 speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a FJ 60 gas and I want to put a BJ 3B motor to go with my 4 speed trans in my FJ.

what does it take to bolt up trans to engine ?

the input shafts on your gas tranny will not mate you do need the bellhousing pressure plate clutch fork and throw out bearing that EXMODLAD has. hey EXMODLAD i have an 84 bj motor and transmission that i put into my fj . how much would you sell the h55 and transfer case for?

the input shafts on your gas tranny will not mate you do need the bellhousing pressure plate clutch fork and throw out bearing that EXMODLAD has. hey EXMODLAD i have an 84 bj motor and transmission that i put into my fj . how much would you sell the h55 and transfer case for?

PM sent GreekBoy

Best Regards

Gord

the input shafts on your gas tranny will not mate you do need the bellhousing pressure plate clutch fork and throw out bearing that EXMODLAD has. hey EXMODLAD i have an 84 bj motor and transmission that i put into my fj.

Is this an FJ40 or FJ60? The H55/split case does not have the e-brake provision on the transfer case like 1980 and earlier FJ40's. You would either need to buy a transfer case e-brake kit from someone like SOR or get an early BJ40 tranny (hard to find in the US/Canada but I have one available) that mates to the older single piece transfer case so you can retain the FJ40 transfer case driveline e-brake.

Not trying to jump on exmolad's sale. I just want to be sure you understand the differences.

Is this an FJ40 or FJ60? The H55/split case does not have the e-brake provision on the transfer case like 1980 and earlier FJ40's. You would either need to buy a transfer case e-brake kit from someone like SOR or get an early BJ40 tranny (hard to find in the US/Canada but I have one available) that mates to the older single piece transfer case so you can retain the FJ40 transfer case driveline e-brake.

Not trying to jump on exmolad's sale. I just want to be sure you understand the differences.

Good points ...i would lien towards the transfer case E brake kit as the early BJ 40/42 4 spds and t cases are hard to find.. espesially when you break one...the later parts are a still a little easier to come across

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom