noisy neutral (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
everythread i read is the opposite of my problem my trans and t case are quiet going down the road in gear but when i slide it in neutral so slow down for a light its kinda noisy any ideas?

Howdy! Does the noise go away when the vehicle stops moving? Is this on a stock engine, transmission, transfer case? John

yeah when i stop it stops think it could be noise from the rear coming through because of the locker? i put the trans in when i put the locker in it come out of a same year rig with 63000 on the clicker that a guy on here was parting out. the trans and transfer both had water in the oil from sitting outside. i dont know what to think about it because it drives great shifts tight and only makes noise when coasting in neutral

ACtually mine makes noise when I push in the clutch. Like are woring noise. But when I let go of the clutch the noise dissapears.

ACtually mine makes noise when I push in the clutch. Like are woring noise. But when I let go of the clutch the noise dissapears.

that could be the sound of a dirt contaminated release bearing

that could be the sound of a dirt contaminated release bearing

or one that has had all the grease washed out from too many water crossings.

short term fix is drop the inspection plate off the bellhousing, and try to push some grease into the bearing.

long term fix... clutch job.

its kind of a loud whirring growling sound if i push in the clutch it keeps making the noise and is relative to my speed

its kind of a loud whirring growling sound if i push in the clutch it keeps making the noise and is relative to my speed

Sounds like something to do with the transfer case or the u-joints. I see you have a 5" lift. Is your pinion rotated to compensate? If not, I would expect you to go through a lot of u-joints.

i have 4 inch skyjacker springs and lift shackles...maybe it is the ujoints it just never did this until the new tranny/transfer case/locker

oh sorry, I misread a something.

Didnt see that it went away when you were stopped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom