1 hdt leaking injector pump. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, i did a quick search and did not find the infos I need.

I have a 1990 Hdj81 with a leaking injector pump. The leak seems to come out with the axle the red arrow points at.
oliuverk.jpg

Do you know, is there a replaceable seal under there or any other easy fix? It is only leaking with engine running and it is dripping quite fast.

Pretty bad thing with the oil price ad it is today....

Thanks guys,
Haffi

Hi Haffa. Yes there is an o ring and washer underneath that is replaceable but I think you must remove the governor cover to install them from underneath.
Download the free 1HZ/1HD T manual from online manuals at the top of the diesel or 70 forum.
Its on page FU61 for installation. You may need to go further back for disassembly

Hi thanks.

I just found this manual online.

lokverki.jpg

Do you know if I can get this O-ring and the seal for the governor cover from the dealership?

You should be able to but in OZ I would go to my local diesel service shop just to save time .
The dealer has some new kids working there lately and they cant even find window rubbers:eek:

A denso dealer should also be able to help . Its a good chance the o ring is common to many rotary pumps ,Bosch also, but maybe not the gasket for the govenor cover

As Rosco said, the Denso pump is a Bosche VE Pump which Denso builds under license. There is a lot of cross over which means it will be very similar and have identical parts to the Zexel license of the Bosche VE pump made for the TD4.2 Nissan Patrol / Safari. I know that you have quite a few of those in your neck of the woods. :D I am sure that any decent fuel injection shop will have the seal you need and a much better price. You may consider refreshing all the easily accessed seals. Usually when one goes another can not be too far behind. Zexel has a Fast Moving Parts data base with an exploded diagram that's give you the part numbers. I looked at the Denso site quickly but could not find anything like it. I am sure it exists and you local Denso/Bosche/Zexel certified shop will have access to it. All they will need is the pump model number which you can get off the side of the pump.

Hi,
you need the governor cover gasket and the 'O' ring,l did that in half hour.
Simon

Put a drip tray under the engine, clean off the pump housing and area so no debris gets into the pump. The, disconnect the throttle connection and anything else attached to the top of the pump. use allen key to undo the 4 allen bolts, remove top of pump carefully, flip it away from you slowly as there is that spring mechanism that controls the governor, unclip the spring carefully and watch that you don't drop the parts into the pump. put top on a clean surface and mark where the control pivot and lever are placed so you know how it goes back together.

Remove lever with 10mm wrench, replace o ring, install with the reverse process. don't adjust the fuel adjustment bolt on that back of the pump.

that's pretty much it - i did it last year.

louis

Part numbers are:

90099‑14049 “O” Ring IP

SHAFT SUB-ASSY, GOVERNOR ADJUSTING
22740‑58480
Doing mine soon!

Last edited:
no time to write,the hardest part is to get the spring under the cover back on.

Any one knows where to get these parts here in Ontario Part numbers are:

90099‑14049 “O” Ring IP and SHAFT SUB-ASSY, GOVERNOR ADJUSTING 22740‑58480

Any one knows where to get these parts here in Ontario Part numbers are:

90099‑14049 “O” Ring IP and SHAFT SUB-ASSY, GOVERNOR ADJUSTING 22740‑58480

Akella 4x4 here on mud
He is in Ontario

Haffi, if you get stuck for parts drop me a note, these parts can go in an envelope so shipping is not costly.

hi, do you send to Belgium also?

I have a hzj80 with leaking pump on the timinggear.
an HDJ81V aslo leaking.
do you have also replace kits for cut off the automatic timing set on the side off the pump?
grtn luc.

hi, do you send to Belgium also?

I have a hzj80 with leaking pump on the timinggear.
an HDJ81V aslo leaking.
do you have also replace kits for cut off the automatic timing set on the side off the pump?
grtn luc.

I don't think Japan4x4 sells parts anymore, I haven't seen him on here for a long time.
You can get these parts in Europe for sure. Or Ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom