ROTW CruisinMT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess its my turn. MY day and I bought my 67 cruiser in 2001 for $800. It was sitting next to a house in my home town. At first i had been looking for an old willy's but that beat up ol cruiser looked pretty interesting. We got it home towed on a chain behind a pickup. I dodged about 18 hornets in that crazy ride. First we tried to get it running and got it running but it sounded awful. We pulled the motor and rebuilt it. in 2006 I finally got it running right and drove it until 2008 when as most of you probably know my cam went bad and i had to pull it again and replace that and the timing gears. Basically its been a pretty good time trail riding and tweaking the cruiser and improving my mechanics skills. Well heres the pics that show the changes in my 67 fj40.
000_0055.jpg
100_0970.jpg
100_0872.jpg

Hi All:

"CruisinMT," great rig! Thanks for sharing! Too bad about that rear sill rot. :frown:

What part of the "Big Sky" state are you located in?

What are your plans/thoughts for this FJ40?

Regards,

Alan

Hi All:

"CruisinMT," great rig! Thanks for sharing! Too bad about that rear sill rot. :frown:

What part of the "Big Sky" state are you located in?

What are your plans/thoughts for this FJ40?

Regards,

Alan

I live in Western Montana. In time I'd like to get a locker for the rear and do more body work and a paint job. But pretty much it's stock. It has the original F135 in it bored .50 over when we rebuilt the first time. THe second time i just put in an RV cam and called it good. It's amazing how much grunt it has in 4-low with 33's going up a snowy trail. I'll probably never lock the front cause I like my three on the tree too much to upgrade to power steering. THis thing is pretty much my daily dd and weekend warrior. I like to keep it simple less money spent = more time outdoors.

Hi All:

Where? in western Montana? I ask b/c my spouse is from western Montana (Libby, Hamilton, Missoula) and was trying to figure out the location of the photos you posted!

I think you could still do a PS swap and retain your "three-on-the-tree" shifter.

Regards,

Alan

Hi All:

Where? in western Montana? I ask b/c my spouse is from western Montana (Libby, Hamilton, Missoula) and was trying to figure out the location of the photos you posted!

I think you could still do a PS swap and retain your "three-on-the-tree" shifter.

Regards,

Alan

What vehicle is that front drivers seat out of? Looks like it was an easy fit to the stock base?

I live in the Mission Valley 10 Miles from Flathead Lake. The seat is out of a Subaru. It has a height adjustment on the side. To attach it all I really had to do is drill some holes and bolt it to the stock seat frame. I still have my original seat if anyone is interested. it looks brand new and is reupholstered.

Very nice cruiser.

Very nice write-up

And very nice photos to boot.

:beer:

Great job...nice looking cruiser!

That thing had about the coolest patina I've ever seen on an old Cruiser! Looks like you have spent some quality time with the 'ol girl. Good writeup.

TK

Not sure what a patina is but thanks for the comments. I've definitely spent a lot of time on my 41 year old rig. I have some pictures somewhere of when we first brought it home but I cant find them I'll try to post them once i find the envelope they are in. It shows the true scale of what I started out with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom