Rear power window regulator arm issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Drivers side rear power window came out of the regulator arm and the arm fell off the shaft. Took the door panel off but cannot get the window back in the holder. When I try to push the holder on the rubber gasket crushes instead of parting.

Anyone run into this? How can I get it back on and hooked up? Do I need to remove the motor first?

Thanks,
ws

When I try to push the holder on the rubber gasket crushes instead of parting.

Anyone run into this? How can I get it back on and hooked up?

Just keep working it; there's no special trick. Maybe you've gotten it by now, since your post was a little while ago?

Oh, and the second time it happened to me, I ran a bead of silicone in the clamp/holder. Pretty sure now that it won't happen a third time.

Curtis

Thanks CJF. You're right, I did get it. Put the rubber sleeve on the window, pressed the metal sleeve over it just so it would hold, then pulled the whole thing up to the top, put a Phillips head screwdriver through each of the holes for the clips that hold the door panel on a the top, and used the screwdriver as a lever to push the metal sleeve over the rubber one. Then pushed the whole thing to the back of the door so I could slip it over the arm wheel, then pushed it back in place. Works great now.

Didn't think of adding a bit of silicone cement. Oh well. If it happens again I'll know. And with a 91, chances are I'll be working on the power windows again. Replaced one motor already, but really need to replace the rubber gaskets on all 4 windows. Now that the window is fixed I can finally wash it.

Window fix

I found that the best way to fix the problem is to take the window pane and the clip on track and rubber out of the door and refit it together on the bench. Getting it in the correct place is important and using a bit of silicone to glue it all together will stop it from happening again.

Cheers

I think I am having the same problem with the rig I just picked up.

Same thing happened to the rear passenger side window of my 91...i opted for the silicone first time around :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom