1963 or older tail light brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't have either for my 25, but i have drawings of stock ones and I plan to make extra ones for us. eta ? price? John

I can temp up some for now, and they would look OK...but this is a restoration I am trying to do, so if I can't find originals, I'd like the repro's to be as exact as possible. Thanks for looking into this, and please keep me posted.

Hi Johnny...the only ones I know of were those that volunteer made out of some 3/8 plate brackets
( https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/1...ts-4-sale.html ) , but he has none left for 25 lights. They do look good, so I'll make a couple like these for a back up, but this is a restoration I am trying to, so I'd really like to find originals.

Hi Johnny...the only ones I know of were those that volunteer made out of some 3/8 plate brackets
( https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/1...ts-4-sale.html ) , but he has none left for 25 lights. They do look good, so I'll make a couple like these for a back up, but this is a restoration I am trying to, so I'd really like to find originals.

are the lights that you have the larger round lights or smaller ones like the 25's?

there was two types i think?...do you have a pic of what you have?

acording to sor web site>>>what is the difference between the 64-68 bracket and the 58-63 bracket?

Last edited:
are the lights that you have the larger round lights or smaller ones like the 25's?

there was two types i think?...do you have a pic of what you have?

acording to sor web site>>>what is the difference between the 64-68 bracket and the 58-63 bracket?

According to Wes, his '64 originally the 25 lights. So, seeing as how mine is slightly older than his, and since I have no evidence of what was there originally, I want the 25 lights.

The difference that I can make out (not from sor) is the size, and the holes.

I did buy an original 1964 sales brochure...and I've been all over Landpimp's site, but I am still looking for some really nice pictures of an original '64 or '63...in your ever savy ability to find such photos...please let me know if you ever come across any, thanks :cheers::cheers:

According to Wes, his '64 originally the 25 lights. So, seeing as how mine is slightly older than his, and since I have no evidence of what was there originally, I want the 25 lights.

The difference that I can make out (not from sor) is the size, and the holes.

I did buy an original 1964 sales brochure...and I've been all over Landpimp's site, but I am still looking for some really nice pictures of an original '64 or '63...in your ever savy ability to find such photos...please let me know if you ever come across any, thanks :cheers::cheers:

I have one of these brackets oem that is mint. They are for the smaller light for the early 40 and 25. It is at the machine shop right now for replication. We are using Aluminum plate. I will stop by today and find out where he is with them so I can get some pics and prices for you guys if you are interested.

That sounds great Mike, but, not to sound ungrateful, could they make some out of metal?

Aluminum would be a great bracket, but will keep me short from a perfect resto unless I can get it in metal :whoops:

That sounds great Mike, but, not to sound ungrateful, could they make some out of metal?

Aluminum would be a great bracket, but will keep me short from a perfect resto unless I can get it in metal :whoops:

Last I checked...Aluminum was metal. I think you ment steel? Yes, he can make them out of steel too. I stopped by ther today. He will be done with mine by tommorow morning. I will take pics then.

Yes, that is what I meant.

Cool...looking forward to some pictures!

He wasnt able to finish them before I left for Hawaii(where I am now :) here is a pic of where he was with them when i left.
fj40 tail light bracket.jpg

Is he going to cnc it so it has the lip?

We discussed that but i decided not to due to strenghth issue. I havent ever seen a OEM set that wasnt mangled. They are so delicate. The new metal you see in the picture is two 3/8 thick pieces. He will counter sink the areas on the back where the nuts will go, but that is it. He can make anything.. Any machine shop anywhere should be ale to make anything if you give them a good template.

We discussed that but i decided not to due to strenghth issue. I havent ever seen a OEM set that wasnt mangled. They are so delicate. The new metal you see in the picture is two 3/8 thick pieces. He will counter sink the areas on the back where the nuts will go, but that is it. He can make anything.. Any machine shop anywhere should be ale to make anything if you give them a good template.

Sooo...then...you won't need the originals anymore? :rolleyes:

You wanna sell those old useless originals to me? :clap:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom