Decent exhaust shop near Scottsdale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Emissions is due on my 80 and I've torn my second exhaust setup to pieces so I need someone that can do a decent job this time but not be stupid expensive. Anyone have any recommendations around Scottsdale? What are the chances of passing with a leak between the cats. :flipoff2: How are the OBD2 trucks tested? I've read they just plug in to the OBD2 port... is this true?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I know nothing about 80s, but Truckwerks did a great job at a great price on the exhausts in both mine and Michael's trucks :D

Enterprise rental car is close and they'll pick you up if you need a ride home............shouldn't be too expensive this time of year

there is also a bus line on Kyrene, but I have no idea how it connects to Scottdsdale :confused:

I'm happy with my TW exhaust too.

Hmm, that's two for and two against Truckwerks now. :flipoff2:

I'm happy with my TW exhaust as well.

Apache Muffler I think its considered Mesa
Good descent shop a small town feel. He does really good work too
They did my custom high clearance exhaust on my FJ Cruiser

I went to Scottsdale Muffler today. Very good price, worked quickly, worked with my needs, and it all turned out awesome.
Welcome to Scottsdale Muffler & Automotive

Off to attempt to pass emissions tomorrow.

I just came back from emission test. It happened so fast, the guy came to open the booth door to tell me "you are ready to go" before I could sit down in the booth. There was no exhaust sniffing, no visual check of cat converters existence, no need to pop the hood. They did OBD test and gas cap pressure test.

I just came back from emission test. It happened so fast, the guy came to open the booth door to tell me "you are ready to go" before I could sit down in the booth. There was no exhaust sniffing, no visual check of cat converters existence, no need to pop the hood. They did OBD test and gas cap pressure test.
I also just got back from the test and had the same experience you did. :) The guy there asked me if it was supercharged. :lol:

Same deal for me this week, after I went in and talked to the referee and station manager, when I get a few minutes will post what they had to say. But pretty much, if your rig is '96 or newer, they don't care what's on it as long as the ecm is happy, no codes.

Last edited:
This teaches me to stick with 96+ vehicles from now on since they can be reliably passed now I guess.
I had a hell of a time with my last car (engine swapped turbo 240sx) and ended up driving it a very, very long time (more than 6 months) on temporary tags.

I'm so happy we don't have emissions testing up here...

Ive had a CEL on since before I bought this truck for some #2 speed sensor or something that would give me the insta-fail.

I'm so happy we don't have emissions testing up here...

Ive had a CEL on since before I bought this truck for some #2 speed sensor or something that would give me the insta-fail.
My CEL is always on for various reasons, I just reset the codes when I got to the station. ;)

My CEL is always on for various reasons, I just reset the codes when I got to the station. ;)

Does the LC OBDII not go into readiness loop when you reset the ecu? I was under the impression that a freshly reset OBDII ECU goes into a learning mode for about 60 miles and this "readiness" stage can be seen by the scanners used at the emissions stations, resulting in an instant failure. Actually I know this to be true for VAG and GM vehicles, others I'm not so sure.

Interesting either way.

Does the LC OBDII not go into readiness loop when you reset the ecu? I was under the impression that a freshly reset OBDII ECU goes into a learning mode for about 60 miles and this "readiness" stage can be seen by the scanners used at the emissions stations, resulting in an instant failure. Actually I know this to be true for VAG and GM vehicles, others I'm not so sure.

Interesting either way.
That's what I thought but I figured I'd give it a try. Looking at my emissions paper it says that the EGR and Catalyst is noted as NOT READY... yet I passed.

OK. I thought the Not Ready was an instant failure. I guess not for you at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom