Suspension swap Fri-Sun 4-25th-27th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am swapping the MAF suspension from my 62 to my HJ 60 starting Friday around noon and working through Sunday.

If anyone wants to come by and have a beer/ wrench/ make fun of me ;) or generally lend a hand...... let me know via PM or post up or call me.

:wrench::wrench::wrench:

I have lotsa :beer: and my wife and daughter are out of town so a focused amount of work should be accomplished :hillbilly:

sooooo how much beer do you have?? lol i'll try to come in at least for a little while one day, i might bring the dicktard too

Wish I could but I won't be able to make it. Will be hunting Gobbler. That and the $300 in gas to get from here to there :D

Wish I could but I won't be able to make it. Will be hunting Gobbler. That and the $300 in gas to get from here to there :D

That's only an excuse until noon on Saturday. C'mon, you could drive out to help after that. :D

Hey Dom, make it Sat if ya could, or evening Friday .......

or both :flipoff2:

Bill, if ya have a diesel I have a bunch of Bio to help the cause :beer:

easy skippy, beggers can't be choosers, and i'm more interested in the beer than actually "helping" anyway lol. just kiddin but seriously

I can probably make it up on Saturday. Do you think your still giong to have work left? What time do we start?

Well, I just commited to an appointment from 3 to 4PM Saturday so I won't be able to stay on it all day....I am starting Friday around 4PM and not stopping (spare the appt. on Sat.) until I am finished... I pick my wife up at the airport Monday in the afternoon.

I guess Sunday would be best, or after 4PM on Sat.

For anyone considering the work, here is the laundry list:

Pull the springs, shocks, and hardware including a shackle reversal from the white 62.

Pull the same (minus the shackle reversal) from my HJ.

Reinstall the 62 suspension onto the HJ, and the HJ onto the 62 :D

Both bumpers will need to come off, welding and grinding/cutting to remove and reinstall the shackle reversal.

and if all that is done, we can pull the 3FE:idea: tranny, and t-case:cheers:

you had to go and mess up saturday didnt you?!

Molly's starting a job on saturday. so that was my ideal day. but maybe I can do a 4-8 thing. or 8-2? i imagine you need time to get ready for your appointment.

Let us know what you come up with.

Isn't that what the beer is for?:beer::beer::beer:

So I successfully removed the suspension from the 62 and from the HJ... reinstalled the 62 suspension onto the HJ including shackle reversal and ubolt flip....

I also got the rear HJ suspension back under the 62, the to do list includes:

Bleed the HJ brakes, swap a ubolt onto the rear, grease all the fittings, relocate the rear shock mounts and mount shocks, check all the bolts for tightness, weld the HJ front hangers onto the 62 frame rails and reinstall the front springs, and then figure out how I am going to mount my safarigard bumper on my HJ. The mounting surface for the front bumper (side of the frame) is the same place the shackle reversal brackets mount:frown: but it looks doable. I also need to weld the shackle reversal brackets to the HJ frame as it is only bolted at the moment...... so I got alot done in two days!

Thanks again Andy for the offer to help, my time was sporatic so all said, it went pretty well.

BTW, I gained +2" front and rear...... now the 31's look a tad small:hmm:

I hear ya, I may have found a set of 245/75/16's for my factory rims. I have not heard back yet.

bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom