Air hammer on the fritz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Cheepie Campbell Hausfeld. I loaned it to one of the employees and it acts like it's clogged with junk (trigger sticks and only puts out about half the bpm).

Is there any way to remove the barrel on this thing to check it out or do I pitch it and get something like an IR?
AH1-1.jpg
AH2-2.jpg

I defer to Kevin on airtool issues, but...
Most air hammers I've seen have a threaded barrel. If it comes loose, it'll lose power. Mine does almost every time I use it heavily.
I've gotten debris in mine and had it crap out on me, too. Just unscrew the barrel, pull out the innards (there aint many innards), blow out the body, reassemble with some air tool oil and you should be good to go. If not, you only wasted 5 minutes. Then go get an IR. .)

That's not a hammer, it's a vibrator!:D

hj60 pretty much nailed it. First thing is to put a big load of oil through it and see if that flushes it out and makes the trigger work properly again. If not the trigger valve is in the handle, removed by pulling the inlet bushing. Remove it and see if it's rusted, etc.

If you remove the barrel, when you reinstall it make sure it's tight and I install them with red loc-tite. If it's run with the barrel loose, chances of damage to the internal valve and housing threads is high.

I flush my junk everytime I'm done using it with MMO, but in this instance, it was tossed back in my toolbox after they were done using it. I think it rec'd a dose of dirt.
First thing I did when I found it acting up was a good flush, but the trigger is still sticky.
Ok, so the inlet bushing is behind the male connector?

Ok, so the inlet bushing is behind the male connector?

Yep, but :whoops: I didn't look at the pic!:eek: Your tool doesn't have that style of valve. On your's drive out the roll-pin near the button and pull the valve assembly out.

Howdy! Never seen a trigger like that one. Is that original, or homegrown? John

Howdy! Never seen a trigger like that one. Is that original, or homegrown? John

It's original. You guys are right, there is nothing to these. After disasembly, I found some burrs on the trigger shaft and while cleaning those up, guess what, the shaft was bent! (you can see from the pic). With a little tweeking runs as good as new.

I seldom use the tool anyway, but it's the first thing I reach for when I'm in the shop doing something that requires 100% concentration and someone comes in to chat. Pretty handy that way ;)

Thanks for the help :cheers:
AH3-2.jpg
AH6-2.jpg
AH7-2.jpg

I seldom use the tool anyway, but it's the first thing I reach for when I'm in the shop doing something that requires 100% concentration and someone comes in to chat. Pretty handy that way ;)

:lol: Also a great tool to "test" when telemarketers call! :lol:

:lol: Also a great tool to "test" when telemarketers call! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:.....:idea: Great idea!

Now how do I explain plumming the air line into the house to the wife:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom