heyy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys im a new member to these forums...i recently picked up a 89' toyota 4runner with on tiny tiny rust spot on a fender for only $675 i have been searching for a runner for about a year now...being a 17 year old money is low so i finally found this its im amazing condition but blown headgasket and bad timing chain/gears/chain cover but paint is georgous so i couldnt pass it up

I was a jeep guy....but all my buddys i go wheelin with have toyotas and i was the only one breakin s*** so i got sick of it and they all talked me into gettin a toyota lol it is currently stock but soon to have a 6 inch lift and lockers...and in a couple months hopefully a straight axle

i live in utah in the pleasant grove/lindon area....it is by orem and american fork...if any of you guys live around me and wanna go wheelin let me know ill be more than happy to go

ps sry if this is in the wrong spot lol was just gonna introduce myself

Last edited:
thats awesome dude... i am also 17 and have a 1990 extended cab pickup on 37's. and i love it! the biggest amoun of lift that is made is 7 and still riding ok or 8 and riding like s***! i have a 4inch suspension and 3 inch body. it can be 5 inch but it rides waaaay to bad. your going to love your yota. you definatelly need to post pics and do write ups on your truck and what you do to it.

thats awesome dude... i am also 17 and have a 1990 extended cab pickup on 37's. and i love it! the biggest amoun of lift that is made is 7 and still riding ok or 8 and riding like ****! i have a 4inch suspension and 3 inch body. it can be 5 inch but it rides waaaay to bad. your going to love your yota. you definatelly need to post pics and do write ups on your truck and what you do to it.

nice man that truck sounds sweet... yeah it was hard to look at my runner sitting in the driveway for 2 weeks without driving it cuase i couldnt start the headgasket and stuff for 2 weeks lol i cant wait to get driving it but yeah i will get some pics up really soon and i will get pictures of the build up

awesome, can' t wait. my truck is the truck in my icon picture thing. hah i can post big pics if you want.

awesome, can' t wait. my truck is the truck in my icon picture thing. hah i can post big pics if you want.

yeah man post some i wanna see it. it looks sweet

here is my 4runner and my jeeps...

ATT00001-1.jpg

bringing it home....

ATT00001f.jpg

ps sorry they are so big....if a moderator would like to make them smaller that is fine i dont know how to lol. im a computer idiot

that thing is too nice....

wow that thing looks prestine! i would kind of hate to soo its first rock rash. i have a friend with an XJ that has 8 1/2 inches with 35's... pretty cool lookin jeep but definatelly interesting as an every day driver.

yeah nick both those jeeps are sittin at 10-11 inches the red one with 37" tires and white with 35" tires but the jeep axles cant handle those tires worth crap lol..so thats basicly why i bought a yota..but anywayz hahaha i would sell a jeep and use the money for the runner but it is almost in working order...just have to put everything back together....it was only another $400 to get the headgasket and timing bs all done.... now all i need to finish it is a ih8mud.com sticker and it will be complete. how do i go about getting one of those

***EDIT*** sorry for language didnt know the forums would block out that word loll

o and i dont know how to make the pictures smaller either... unfortunatelly i just realized that i dont have my pictures on this computer and my trcuk is havin the engine being rebuilt because it locked up on me on the way home from an expo... i dominated it though and had absolutely no body damage! i had a few jeep guys that were mad at me. i will post pics as soon as i can!

o and i dont know how to make the pictures smaller either... unfortunatelly i just realized that i dont have my pictures on this computer and my trcuk is havin the engine being rebuilt because it locked up on me on the way home from an expo... i dominated it though and had absolutely no body damage! i had a few jeep guys that were mad at me. i will post pics as soon as i can!

nice man....yeah ive learned that toyotas are extremely capable rigs even stock. cant wait to seep pics

just go to the IH8MUD store at the top of the page... VERY top of the page and order one. i have one on the back of my yota and everyone just laughs at it. its only because they don't know. o and i live in southern louisiana and thats kind of all we have. unless i want to drive atleast 100 miles north, which i do about once a year.

(see post 5) lets play "spot the one with a frame"!

:grinpimp:

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2: :D That's a nice Runner, throw a locker in the rear and run it! You found the right place, and no worries about the pictures. Glad to have you, but yeah, watch the language, we're family friendly here....

thanks and yeah i appologize it wont happen again i totally understand

and yeah im so stoked to have a vehicle with a frame lol

hahah thats a good one!

here's a whole bunch of pics of my truck
MySpace

nice lookin truck man its sweet....

here is some pics taken while doing the headgasket and timing chain on my runner

sludgeeeeeeeeeee.jpg

yes thats a 2 gallon bucket

2gallonsnastyoil.jpg

mmm frothy! :beer:........why do I feel like a chocolate shake now? :hmm:

I meant to tell you before yotaelmo9, but its happened so many times to so many people. People more familiar with other brands tend to blame the vehicle if there repairs don't work. I don't know the extent of your mechanical knowledge and do not doubt it from what I've seen or heard so far. But I just want to make sure you're going to repair it proper, so it will serve you proper.
(however this comes across I mean no dis with it)

Are you going to have the head redone?

You sound like a mechanic/ fabricator.

(I'm a pilot, see my profile, about me :grinpimp:)

......and a big'ol DUH for me, I just looked at yers. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom