My humble Banjo beginings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds good Juan! :beer:

Sounds/looks like you're really getting comfortable with the fret board and your hand coordination. You'll find that your progress will "snow ball", and the better you get, the faster you'll get better.;) Find a decent rhythm guitar player to practice with , and that will help a great deal to improve your timing, and smooth things out....I've found that I could never really master a song without a guitar player.

Keep it up!! :cheers:

We need to find someone in this club to play guitar with us!! Just simple 3-5 cord rhythms would be a good start. I know someone in this group can play a little guitar! That would be a ton of fun at meetings! It makes me want to pick mine up and practice.....Mine just sits and collects dust these days....:frown:

You still have to go to SA next weekend?

Sounds good. Is that one of the adopted puppies roaming around in the video? Maybe think about adding a little "more cowbell" for the band ;). Seriously though I would say for only 5 months you have picked up the banjo really quickly. :beer:

Nice Juan. But you've gotta smile some. You kinda' looked mean in the video :)

You guys bring your Banjos to the next outing. I'll bring my guitar, but it's been a while. I'm sure I could manage some simple rythm, so long as you know the chord progressions for the songs.

R

Yeah man I have been trying to smile, is more like being hyper fouced.....my wife gives me a hard time about the faces I make...hopefully as I get more comfortable I can mellow out my facial expressions....

Man, I wish I lived closer. I play some guitar and need to find some folks to play with. I mostly fingerstyle but realy want to get some bluegrass chops. I'm starting to pick up the fiddle so far playing that just drives people out of the room with their ears bleeding:eek:.

Later,
Butt

Greg other than scratching your butt, what else are you doing today???
Since you already finished your work day, why don't you go ahead and buy some pink underwear for the STUMPING dance you said you were going to do once I learned the banjo.

I'm in... notice what is in there, tucked away nicely... Although bluegrass usually doesn't have a lot of drums, if I remember correctly...
scan0002.jpg

YouTube - My first banjo video

Here is a mix of a couple things I have learned so far with the banjo. Still long ways to go but will get there....I am still hoping we can get the ONSC blue grass band going one day....so here you have it for your amusement :D

That is awesome man!

Too cool.

Sounds good to me.

lookin good Juan!!!! dont tell him i told you so but Concrete plays a mean guitar, w/ the bluegrass background too.

Butt---- i miss arcata. I lived off sunset and our whole street would gather in the cul-de-sac for a pickin frenzy.

Do you actually like to play that thing :flipoff2: cause you look like your pissed that Maria is making you play

Sounds good. You need to bring that thing over and you and Bella can do the "constant sorrow" song.

Is see a future OCMS in the works!

I always wanted to learn to play the guitar, maybe i can use you for some inspiration

Nice. Is that the old school claw hammer method? THat's a very traditional way to play banjo.

I can pick a little guitar. I'll bring it to the next cullowhee trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom