Builds ROTW II - 619TOY - 1997 Lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

619TOY

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, has it been a year already? I suppose so. Since I already did an ROTW about a year ago to the day, I will bypass a lot of the info I covered then and basically call this a status update. The things I have done in the last year may not have as pronounced a visual change as in the first year but rest assured; I’ve been dilligently working my weekends away on my rig.

I have found that just about any project I take on seems to take about one month. Drawer system, one month. Rear bumper, one month. Complete axle rebuild, one month. You get the idea.

I can’t forget to leave out my two best friends in the world, my copilots, Zeus and Zoey (the Dober’s)

Here is what I have done so far:

• Slee 6” lift
  • Slee F & R CV driveshaft’s
  • All metal parts powder coated semi-flat black
  • Rear shock mounts extended 1.25”
  • Slee brake lines (complete set)
  • Slee Shortbus bumper (last year I had an ARB and a Warn 12K winch)
  • Slee transfer skid
  • Slee jack tool system
  • 35” (315) Toyo MT’s
  • Hanna Quality slider’s
  • 4X4 Labs rear bumper kit wit tire and 3 jerry can holder ( I added a lot of personal touches including a different latch, hiding the swing out stops and rounding over all sharp corners, including bullnosing the recovery points)
  • Garmin GPS with console mount
  • Uniden 520 CB
  • Antenex CB antenna
  • Longfield birfs and inner axles
  • Poly Performance rear axles
  • 5.29 gears from Ringpinion.biz
  • Gears and bearings cryo treated by Bobby Long
  • Solid pinion spacers front and rear
  • All gear work done by ZUK
  • All Amsoil in axles
  • New brakes all around with 100 pads
  • Factory cupholder
  • Factory hand throttle
  • Center diff lock switch
  • Pin 7 mod
  • Hoses, Belts, gaskets…
  • Custom rear drawer system (including 500lb. BB slides, 6 tie down anchors bracketed to body, 2 storage cavities w/lids and all Line-X’ed for durability

Here is what I’m in the middle of:

• A/C dryer relocation (thanks MOT)
  • Scangauge II (on the way)
  • Yellow box (need to order)
  • 4X4 Labs relay rod and drag link with 1 ton ball joints
  • Inchworm front E-locker guard, thanks Boston Mangler! (hopefully it fits with the 4X4 labs stuff)
  • P/S cooler with supplemental fan
  • Rear storage for 2nd row seating area

Here are some of my future mods I’m thinking about

• Custom built aluminum roof rack
  • Ham radio
  • 37’s with Walker Evans beadlocks
  • Hydro assist
  • Winch with synthetic line
  • Lighting
  • LED interior lights
  • Stereo with ipod inputs
  • Slee rear E-locker guard
  • Electric fan or blue fan clutch

So, without any further ado, here are some pics of how she looks today (on a clean day):

4-08006-1.jpg

4-08007.jpg

4-08010.jpg

4-08013.jpg

4-08016.jpg

4-08017.jpg

4-08020.jpg

4-08022.jpg

hubnut036.jpg

4-08023.jpg

Last edited:
Dammmmnnng!

That is an awesome truck. I really like the clean look of your truck and all the crap you cant see!

Thanks guys! I feel like I really put alot into making this thing what I want/perfect for me and I've been pretty happy with my choices so far:)

We still need to get out and wheel Alan! It seems like something always comes up.

wow that's a lil too clean. u got ur rig detailed just for the ROTW? lol Outstanding build, very similar to my build thanks for sharing....

A few more pics from over the last year:

CopyofNopinkpanties.jpg

Lexus.jpg

hubnut020-1.jpg

IMG_8751.jpg

9-2-07045.jpg

9-2-07001.jpg

Bajatrip011.jpg

Bajatrip072.jpg

CM07598.jpg

CM07115.jpg

Nice write-up. Lots of progress. I like the drawers

Sweet rig :cheers:

Let's see those 37's :D

Looks mean and clean! Even the cig lighter logo is neatly balanced ;)
But please, stop hurting rocks like that!

your truck is badd ass!!!!!!!!!!!1

:cheers:

That really is a nice looking truck. I hear you on the "month" time line for everything but, as with all things - it takes time to do things right and you have definitely done things right. Cheers.

Sick build! I love the fact that you obviously took alot of time in your work, it looks amazing! And do you have a write up on your drawers? I originally was 100% against putting some in my truck, but after seeing yours... Im almost 100% sold on getting them!

great looking rig. wish mine was sporting 35's and 6
" lift.:beer:

Excellent write up.:cool:

As always thanks for contributing. (twice)

Beautiful truck and great work. You will probably be really happy with 37's if you decide to go that route.:D

Do you have any pics of your rear pinion angle going to the transfer case?

I presume you are running slee's adjustable rear uppers correct?

How much thread is showing if you don't mind me asking and do you still have any left you could extend if needed?

Thanks for the compliments guys. It's nice to have people that realize how much work it took to get to this point comment on it:)

And do you have a write up on your drawers?

I did a writeup about a year ago. Here's a link:https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/136736-another-perspective-rear-storage.html

Do you have any pics of your rear pinion angle going to the transfer case?

I presume you are running slee's adjustable rear uppers correct?

How much thread is showing if you don't mind me asking and do you still have any left you could extend if needed?

I just got back from Starbucks for my daily 4 shots:D Here are some pics:
My pinion angle is exactly 90 degrees (unloaded, on level ground)

I am running the Slee arms. I believe they are the current ones, the non-do-it-yourself ones.

It looks as if there is about 7/8" of thread showing and there is definately alot more room if you needed it.

4-08001-1.jpg

4-08002.jpg

Never mind the grease, it's better than rust:D

I'd like to have a lightweight roof rack for the longer trips. Sometimes it gets a little cramped with a passenger, two dogs and gear.

It would also be a really good place to mount some scene lights. I have more need for that than forward facing off road lights.

I'm tall and still pretty nimble so I'm not worried about not having a ladder to get the stuff I would put up there.

BTW: Happy Birthday:beer:

WOW...Alot of progress has been made. Your ride is definitly very well thought out and put together, an inspiration for sure for my LX. Keep up the great work!

It's nice to have people that realize how much work it took to get to this point comment on it :)

You've done an excellent job. Sourcing parts (not to mention paying for them!) and planning everything plus the installation to do it right and make it clean looking, takes a lot of time.

I like your truck.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom