toyota forklift diesel motors? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
a not-so-reliable source told me that toyota put their L and 2L series diesels in a lot of forklifts in the USA. Anyone ever hear this before? Would there be any major differences that would keep them from being a candidate for a swap into a pick up? anyone know a good forklift junkyard??? thanks!

one more thing

oh yea, i did try the search buttom, and i came up with info on 2H and 1HZ forklift diesels, but no 2Ls....

oh yea, i did try the search buttom, and i came up with info on 2H and 1HZ forklift diesels, but no 2Ls....

Toyota do make diesel forklifts but now only in the larger types ,5 tons upwards.
They use 3F,1FZ FE on LPG(propane) a 5.2litre 14Z diesel and a Hino J series diesel.
I think there maybe a 12Z or 13Z diesel also
These put out around half the HP of their landcruiser counterparts to ensure a long life as well as low particulate matter readings.
The smaller forklifts usually spend a lot of time indoors and use mainly LPG engines.
If there are any small diesel forks,my guess is they will share engines with farm tractors

Ive never seen or heard of L powered forklifts and Ive done some searching.
I beleive they probably used the 2H and B engines at some time in a fork but have never seen one

A few decades back,Toyota used the same diesels and gassers in their 4wd,buses,trucks,but they all now have their own engines.

I have seen "B" series toyota engines in forklifts several times. Govdeals.com even had 3 take out "B" series but to my untrained eye, they looked like the same block as the 3B I have but everything else was way different. Seller had tons of pics and injector pump, pulleys, intake, and even the flywheel all looked different to me. Sold pretty cheap too if my memory is right.. Not sure about the L or 2L, If i find one i will let you know. GSA also has an auction site with lots of forklifts and parts from time to time.

I have seen "B" series toyota engines in forklifts several times. Govdeals.com even had 3 take out "B" series but to my untrained eye, they looked like the same block as the 3B I have but everything else was way different. Seller had tons of pics and injector pump, pulleys, intake, and even the flywheel all looked different to me. Sold pretty cheap too if my memory is right.. Not sure about the L or 2L, If i find one i will let you know. GSA also has an auction site with lots of forklifts and parts from time to time.

Was the fuel pump or any other components on the opposite side to a "normal" 3B?

I dont recall the exact shot angle of the pics I saw, seems like the injector pump was on the same side I think. I do remember it did not look anything like my 83 model 3B injector pump. Sorry I am not much help, going by fuzzy memory.

I dont recall the exact shot angle of the pics I saw, seems like the injector pump was on the same side I think. I do remember it did not look anything like my 83 model 3B injector pump. Sorry I am not much help, going by fuzzy memory.

Some 3B have a rotary pump and others have an inline type

The guy I bought my Bj60 from- chambers60 said they had used 3b's in forklifts, and i've seen a FJ conversion in portland that had a 3B from a forklift put in it.

huh

3B's are plenty cool, but L motors go into my 4runner easier....thanks for the info though folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom