Dodge oHm reading of fuel sending unit. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
Without removing the fuel sending unit. Is there a way I can figure out with the factory oHm range is of a fuel sending unit.

I need to hook up a fuel gauge to my 72 GMC Tow Rig that I put the Cummins in. I'm using the factory 1991 Dodge Diesel fuel tank and hoses and sending unit.

I know it will not wire in directly to the GM gauge since the oHm reading is way different so I have to buy a seperate gauge. I just can't figure out which oHm reading one to get. I found the one for the Dodge fuel style but it does not cover the diesel.

Anybody know where I should begin to look? The guy at Summit racing said all Dodge/Chrysler products are the same. I find that hard to believe.

I cannot switch out the sending unit. The Dodge Diesel one is about 7" in diameter and held on with a hose clamp. I really do not want to have a custom one machined just for a chevy sending unit.

I've got a Dodge diesel manual at home, but you'll have to wait till monday for me to find out what you need to know.

PM Sent

Hey guys I know its been awhile, but I really need the info you guys were discussing. I need a new fuel guage for my 92 dodge diesel, and I can't find the ohm rating for the stock sender. Could you please let me know the full/empty ohm range? Thank you very much.

i bought a auto meter fuel gauge. it had a list of various resistance values for the big three.

the list is long gone, but if you cant figure it out, i would search autometer.com for it.

I'll check my PM box. The info was sent to me.

Hey guys I know its been awhile, but I really need the info you guys were discussing. I need a new fuel guage for my 92 dodge diesel, and I can't find the ohm rating for the stock sender. Could you please let me know the full/empty ohm range? Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom