Where to get a washer machine tub for a fire pit??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey Guys

Anyone have one laying around?

Looking to build a setup similar to Brents famous "Sputnik"

I have checked craigslist, ebay, and the local recycler (wont let me pillage parts)

Any ideas?

Thanks

well, my local craigslist seems to have washers and dryers out there all the time, very cheap or even free. Keep looking? Or check out the sidewalks when there is a large refuse special pickup?

I certainly like the idea of the firepit. Seems rather awkward to travel with, though. And I like to see the flames, so maybe much shortened? How about a metal lid for a trash can, or a big flat metal tray of some sort?

have you looked in the laundry room.....:D:D:D
I know I am a @#$%

Thrift stores usually get them donated and if they dont work will give them to you usually... give it a shot...

I will try the one near me and see what they have.... I would like one too...

There's a guy in El Cajon off Greenfield drive that has them for sale $25 IIRC. Go east on 8 take the Greenfield exit, go right and follow to the stop sign where you turn to go to Crest, go straight through the stop sign (do not turn left to go to Crest) the guy is on the left hand side a block or so past the stop sign.

He has them out front with a sign in his yard. A guy I went to AB this year with bought one from him no problem.

Sounds like Dan's guy would be alot closer but there is a guy a couple of miles from me and Brent that sells appliance parts which is where Brent got Sputnik for $20 IIRC. I can run down there and look if Dan's guy doesn't work out.

I can run down there and look if Dan's guy doesn't work out.

Hey Mo, that would be awesome man! Dans guy is a haul from me and i wont be able to get to that area for awhile!

Lemme know man! Thanks

Scrap yard

We dont have those here, we recycle stuff and ship it off to be reused, its not West Virgina where we fill every ditch and gully full of scrap cars and other stuff.

firetubbies in El Cajon or Alpine, they have a website, but your paying for their effort to pull and paint the tubs:clap:

We dont have those here, we recycle stuff and ship it off to be reused, its not West Virgina where we fill every ditch and gully full of scrap cars and other stuff.

firetubbies in El Cajon or Alpine, they have a website, but your paying for their effort to pull and paint the tubs:clap:
:confused:Look in the phone book under salvage yards

Hey Mo, that would be awesome man! Dans guy is a haul from me and i wont be able to get to that area for awhile!

Lemme know man! Thanks

Will do, I don't remember his hours so it may take a day or two to have matching schedules.

:confused:Look in the phone book under salvage yards

Not many left here, its caused by two things, 1. enviromental laws dont allow items to be just piled into classic salvage yards here they tend to attract fires and other problems
2. The value for raw scrap steel makes steel products easier to recycle and ship off than store, many washer tubs are used as fire tubs here in the desert during the winter, I have one from Firetubbies who operates a company who does exactly what we are talking about to sell to local offroaders and campers.

And I have said enough today:cheers:

there are areas out here were people dump things like old water heaters and washing machines. they're shot full of holes but... actually, theres an old one sitting in my back yard. hmmmm. let me check with my land lord and see if he'll let me gut it.

there are areas out here were people dump things like old water heaters and washing machines. they're shot full of holes but... actually, theres an old one sitting in my back yard. hmmmm. let me check with my land lord and see if he'll let me gut it.

Sweet! :D

Thanks

Will do, I don't remember his hours so it may take a day or two to have matching schedules.

No sweat, thanks Mo

Searched high and low for them, but no luck. Got a link?

Well I tried for a while, used to a place that sold tubs under the name Fire Tubbies(ys?) that I won at the TDS raffle one , they were painted and had legs on them, Tried San Diego Offroad Coalition and some others and nothing, they advertised in the San Diego Offroad magazine and were at every TDS I signed up for till this year and hung out at Glamis too. But nothing anymore.
Sorry dude

Sweet! :D

Thanks

I will wait until Mike gets back to you on the freebie Kevin. If that doesn't work out I will hit it up here. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom