Slee upgrade harness question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm experiencing a mental block. I can't seem to figure out what needs to be "loosened" on the core support cross-member to be able to route the Slee harness along the factory harness. Anyone who has BTDT care to elaborate a bit in detail for me?

Thanks!

Rich

There is a metal support in front of the radiator it will be the same color as the body. If I remember correctly, there are bolts on each end of the support. Just remove the support and lay the harness, then reinstall the support.

BTW, I would test the harness before install, I had nothing but problems with loose and poorly sealed connections in the plastic connectors. Nothing like having your lights shut off while driving at night....

BTW, I would test the harness before install, I had nothing but problems with loose and poorly sealed connections in the plastic connectors. Nothing like having your lights shut off while driving at night....

X2 in the middle of the night, -20 and no civilization for 100 miles.

X2 in the middle of the night, -20 and no civilization for 100 miles.

X3 on problems with the Slee wiring harness. Mine crapped out last winter but at least I had high-beams. I think his early versions had a lot of problems. I have heard that the ones he sells now are better. I need to do something about yanking out the crappy one.

-B-

I am supposed to be getting the new one in the mail tomorrow. So hoping that these issues aren't replicated. For the harness, did you folks just route the new one along with the old one or did you take the OEM harness out completely? I am leaning on the side of caution and keeping the old one right where it is.

You will not remove the factory harness. The slee harness plugs into the factory harness (... or at least the old one did. ) [toned down]

Please report back on the quality. I haven't recommended that anyone buy one for several years because of the quality problem.

-B-

Last edited:
I put mine on in Oct. 07. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

I put mine on in Oct. 07. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

X2. I have the headlight and auxiliary harnesses since last September, both with no problems. I used dielectric grease on all connections before I installed it.

Cristo just received a batch of "new" ones. I could not buy the "older" style while I was there 10 days ago.

So, if this core support cross-member just unbolts as easily as described, what is it supporting? I mean, isn't it supporting the rad in some fashion? Remove the bolts on either end and all the plastic mounted stuff on the front of it and that's it?

Thanks all.

Rich

I had to unbolt the horn, hood latch release,..., 8-10 fasteners if I remember correctly. It would appear that it adds rigidity to the lights, front facia, and mounts for hood latch and other crap.

Add me to the list....of NO problems.

I have the regular harness and two Aux. harnesses, both work perfectly.

Rich, Call them or go to this link on the website.
Slee - Light Harness

I just put one in in Feb/08 on my 94 and it works great. Use a ton of D-grease and clean up the ground also. Other that, I would also get the aux light harness and switch. Looks sweet.

Rich, Call them or go to this link on the website.

Thanks acole, I have the instructions and they were closed today. I was hoping I could get a clearer picture in my head of how that cross bar comes off so I can knock out that job today. But I got sidetracked with the honeydew list.

Rich

For the support cross-member, I just loosened the top bolts (4 of them I think) that bolt the support in and was able to pull it up just enough each end at a time to get the wiring harness in between and get some zip ties in and tighten it up close to the factory wiring. I don't think I would have even bothered doing it like that if I had to remove all the crap that's bolted to the support on my '94...

-Ferg-

Last edited:
Please report back on the quality. I haven't recommended that anyone buy one for several years because of the quality problem.

-B-

I've had my harness on for two years now with no issues what-so-ever. Nothing but good stuff to say about the harness from slee. When I installed my harness I also used dielectric grease in all of the connectors.

I used plenty of Dielectric grease in the connectors too. The harness I received the wires were loose and poorly fitted into the connectors.

If you look at the OEM connector design it is much much better than a non-gasket sealed greased connector. It would be great to see a Slee style harness offered with OEM connectors built into the system.

I used plenty of Dielectric grease in the connectors too. The harness I received the wires were loose and poorly fitted into the connectors.

If you look at the OEM connector design it is much much better than a non-gasket sealed greased connector. It would be great to see a Slee style harness offered with OEM connectors built into the system.

When did you get your's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom