40 series convert greeting and photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Been a member for about a year and a half, recently converted from a 60 series to a 40 (da wife said there was only room for one). Thought I'd share some photos of my (new to me 76'). Bought it in Arizona, shipped it to Hawaii.

photo show here:

76fj40

Ummmm Creamy.

I could do without the bling wheels, but that looks pretty sweet., Taz....

Get out and drive it.

Ignore everything Spud says... :D Nice cruiser and welcome !!

Nice, but watch out for the bezel police!

thats a nice 40 great buy. If it were me I'd switch to black steelies and remove that diamond plate on the rear quarters. Thats just asking for rust especially on an island.:eek:

Thanks all for the suggestions. Right now it is "as-is" being fresh off the boat an all. I plan on just driving it a while and figuring out what to do next. My main plan is to get it back to stock ASAP and also avoid the bezel police. Wheels and tires are definitely in order. For around here 33" MTs and stock-ish steelies will suit me just fine. I'm keeping the top off for now since the weather suits it.

PO just had a long block rebuild done, new radiator, alternator and all the seals replaced so no leaks; basically she's ready to go. Yeah and power steering was added so no "armstrong" driving.

The "hack job" on the fenders is actually just some poor aliasing in the digital photos after they got dumped into the flash movie. Everything looks real nice I can assure you.

As for the :princess: one cruiser rule, there WILL BE more cruisers, but this all needs to be carefully calculated through the art of persuasion on my end.

Aloha!

As for the :princess: one cruiser rule, there WILL BE more cruisers, but this all needs to be carefully calculated through the art of persuasion on my end.

Aloha!

Once your wife understands that you're afflicted, the only resistance she'll put up is a roll of her eyes. At least, that's how my wife seems nowadays.:clap: This is not the best time for me to buy another Cruiser, but she was okay with me looking at two of them today.

kingbeeIII, I may need to just build another garage, that may do the trick. Looking is half the fun, it took me 6 months to find this one. That was after looking at all the rusted out POS rigs for sale here in Hawaii.

Thanks, I like the color too. I believe it was an attempt at matching the early 80's beige (code 464), but in reality it is closer to Egg Nog in my opinion. I've only had it a few days and it is definitely a head turner here in town.

The plan this weekend is for a quick fluidoscapy and then take it up to Mauna Kea observatory elevation ~14k feet and see how she does.:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom