Moved my front bumper up, finished the rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cascadecruisers.com
and added some aals... man I hope these settle some before Moab. It looks like its doing a wheelie. Anyway, after I trimmed up the front fenders for more tire clearance I didnt like the way the front bumper seemed to hang low so I built some brackets to mount the bumper higher...

Fender trim:

CIMG4323.jpg

Brackets... never mind the booger welds in the second pic ( I was giving my daughter a crack at welding).

CIMG4316.jpg

CIMG4317.jpg

Front shot:

CIMG4314.jpg

Pics of the SROR bumper I finally finished off:

CIMG4322.jpg

CIMG4320.jpg

CIMG4321.jpg

Side shot of the new wheelie machine:

CIMG4324.jpg

I also decided to unspool my winch line... glad I did before I did another pull on it. Sad thing is that I've never used it for Petra. Damn jeeps! :)

CIMG4326.jpg

I dig your fender trim. How did you mate up the inner and outer fenders, or did you?

Cheers for letting the kid weld!
Butt

looking good!

Great job on your cruiser, looks F:censor:'in sweet!:clap:
And yes dragging jeeps around all the time will take it's toll on anyone(and their equipment). You should probably have a price list with you when you go wheeling!:doh:

and added some aals... man I hope these settle some before Moab. It looks like its doing a wheelie. Anyway, after I trimmed up the front fenders for more tire clearance I didnt like the way the front bumper seemed to hang low so I built some brackets to mount the bumper higher...

Fender trim:

CIMG4323.jpg

Brackets... never mind the booger welds in the second pic ( I was giving my daughter a crack at welding).

CIMG4316.jpg

CIMG4317.jpg

Front shot:

CIMG4314.jpg

Pics of the SROR bumper I finally finished off:

CIMG4322.jpg

CIMG4320.jpg

CIMG4321.jpg

Side shot of the new wheelie machine:

CIMG4324.jpg

I also decided to unspool my winch line... glad I did before I did another pull on it. Sad thing is that I've never used it for Petra. Damn jeeps! :)

CIMG4326.jpg

Diggin' the ride, Broken!

Photoshopped an extra crossbar onto the rear (just a suggestion)
CIMG4321 copy.jpg

Looks great. The bumpers turned out nice.

Looking really good. Some black plastic fender flares would look sweet I think.

ahh much better and cleaner looking IMOP

Looks like the MAF 4+ bumper.

Looks awesome, love both bumpers.

But I gotta say it, you need to lower that bitch a good 4-5 inches. Limit your up travel to 3- 4" and leave the rest for droop. You will be waaaaay more stable, trust me.

It would not take to much work either. Move your rear spring hanger forward a few inches forward to get a better shackle angle and remove some leaves.

Your truck is awesome, always loved. I just know how much more I loved my truck after lowering the COG.

That's a great idea... I have a rear "stinger" bar that I've been undecided to weld on. You're suggestion might work out better.

Bowf o'em
Butt

In the back I just closed them off with some sheetmetal. In the front I closed the back with some sheetmetal and in the front I just left it open. I dont do alot of all out mud stuff so I'm not too worried about it.

Looking really good. Some black plastic fender flares would look sweet I think.

I agree but they wouldnt last much longer than a few minutes on the trail.

Who makes that front bumper I really like it.

Yep, maf... it might be up for sale after Moab. I think I am going to bend up my own bumper.

Looks awesome, love both bumpers.

But I gotta say it, you need to lower that bitch a good 4-5 inches. Limit your up travel to 3- 4" and leave the rest for droop. You will be waaaaay more stable, trust me.

It would not take to much work either. Move your rear spring hanger forward a few inches forward to get a better shackle angle and remove some leaves.

Your truck is awesome, always loved. I just know how much more I loved my truck after lowering the COG.

I hear ya there man. I HATE that it sits to high. I just dont know if I have the time to move stuff around before taking off. I really dont mind cutting sheetmetal anymore so that's not a problem. The real problem is that my time is soooo limited with a very very active 10month baby, coaching my step daughter's soccer team, and a small work space. Our neighborhood CCRs dont allow me to really work on it outside or at least not leave it in pieces outside.

One of these days I'll get to it though or just build a buggy. :)

Looks sweet have fun keep it wheel down :steer::beer:

broken - looks killer. Always loved how your rig looks... And if you're looking to unload that 4+Plus bumper when you get back from Moab, let me know... I'll take it off your hands. :D

looks great zach. really diggin the tube work. jim did a great job bending that up and you did a great job welding. I will be in contact before we leave for Moab.

clint

what guys think about welding a ubolt to the front axle so I can use my winch to cinch down the front end for climbing... I see buggy guys do it with coilovers, think there would a problem doing the same with leafs? Is my bumper/winch too far foward to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom