Locked It Up!!!! What Now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
hey guys i have a HUGE! problem. my 3vze 3.slow has locked up on me. and i really dont wanna put another SLOW in it again. is there any engine that will mate up to my transmission that actually has power and isnt really expensive?????

I see lots of money in your future

well thats sucks. your not the only one... my wifes civic just puked a rod out of the block :mad:

just yard out that damned 6 cylinder and slap in a 22RE. eaiser said than done. MUCH easier said than done.

It's not uncommon for sludge to clog up the journals in the 3.0, leading to failure. :frown:

I don't know what will mate up easily to your set-up. I recall that you were looking to do a swap anyway. I vote 3.4, or for the cool factor, there's a 22RE-T [factory turbo] in the for sale section. :hmm:.....

Or....Just do the big V8 like you wanted. G/L

3.4 is by far the easiest swap.

If not a 3.4, I would be looking at a 302/aod or a 4.7iforce motor.

my dad is payin for this engine swap and i am lookin for the cheapest and easiest engine swap but still get some power out of it. my dad said that the 3.4 wont mate up with the standard transmission that i have on that 3vze. somethin about the alignment of a shaft, i dont really remember. how easily will the 3.4 go into my truck? please explain in detail.

Duh! I just remembered (out side of the motor mounts) how easy it would be to put a 22r in it.

Get an RET bell housing

But IMO the 22r will not push the truck, be powerful enough to make you happy and since the mounts would be fabed in even qualify for a temporary fix

Just thinking out loud here

Get an RET bell housing

Sure! Because the junkyard is FULL of turbo truck trannies! Nobody wants those junky R151F trannies anyway...

Why didn't EVERYBODY think of that?

And I'm sure the wiring changes are very minor, too...

:rolleyes:

The CHEAPEST thing you can do is either fix what's wrong with your current engine, or find another one and drop it in.

If you really want to spend a bunch of money, put in the 3.4. Call these guys for what you need: Off Road Solutions - Extreme Toyota Fabrication they are the experts on this.

Last edited:
so here is no way to make the 3.4 engine and the transmission for the 3.0 mate? because i know the starters are on different sides. I REALLY DONT WANT TO PUT THAT ENGINE BACK IN THAT TRUCK!

Did you call Off Road Solutions?

We're not gonna do ALL your homework for you, ya know...

Sure! Because the junkyard is FULL of turbo truck trannies! Nobody wants those junky R151F trannies anyway...

Why didn't EVERYBODY think of that?

And I'm sure the wiring changes are very minor, too...

2wd's are common ... at least on my end....

:rolleyes:

The CHEAPEST thing you can do is either fix what's wrong with your current engine, or find another one and drop it in.

No argument there and what....EXACTLY what, I would do...but I just cant seem to kill the one I got :a real head scratcher:

(and you wont hear me b.m that engine)

:flipoff2:

With what it would cost to get a new motor, fab mounts, wiring, misc, misc, misc, and oh, misc :bang:, you could build the 3.0 up stronger and more powerful and come out cheaper, and it will bolt right in!:grinpimp:

what are you talkin about doing to the little engine?

To start. I'd say 175 H.P at least

Headers
Better exhaust
E-Fan
Getting rid of the rat maze
And a K&N

Can you put the stock Ex manifolds on backwards and make them dump to the front? :hmm:

3VZ Turbo - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

3vz build up would make a great thread :idea:

and a short one I would presume....:eek:

i have the electric fan, i have an exhaust but its not that good i have a k&n and what do you mean by rat maze?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom