Ordered BFT MTs 35x12.50 Tire options I found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ahhhhhh......can't edit the title but BFG MTs as we all know

I went to 4wheelparts.com and ordered my new wheels and tires. I got five of each mounted, balanced and shipped with centercaps for $1425.00 to Georgia. I think it's a good deal so I'll pass along the info. I've been looking for a few weeks. Comes out to be $285 per wheel but that includes everything. The second cheapest I found was $917 for 5 tires shipped but that didn't include the wheel, center caps, wheels or taxes. The wheels I got are Rock Crawler Series 51- Black R2.5 PCW51-5883 . They are $59.99 a piece so the five were $299.95.

Option one: onlinetires.com 5 tires for $917.00 plus taxes
4wheelparts.com 5 rims for $299.95
Total is $1217.00 plus taxes mounting and balancing and center caps

Option 2: $1425 for 5 wheels with 5 tires for $1425.00 total, mounted, balanced, etc. Possibly a few dollars cheaper for option one, but to have it all in one package is worth a few bucks to me :cheers: Hope it helps someone.

I just tried test fitting these wheels (15x8 3.75BS series 51 with the D window) at american tire. The lips on the D windows rub the calipers. Be prepared to shave the caliper and I think the 4runner calipers will not fit but I am not sure about that.

American Tire price matches. You have to really push them but they will bring up the site and match prices.

Goodluck.

I found that the flap sanding disks in my 4.5" angle grinder work quicker than using a grinding wheel to shave the calipers. Also produces less heat and makes a smoother surface. Just make sure to get the low grit disks.

I just put on a set of improperly backspaced wheels on mine and they clearanced themselves!:eek:

I didnt realize this until after I took the tires off (they were my snow tires) and saw that they were all clearanced ....

I just tried test fitting these wheels (15x8 3.75BS series 51 with the D window) at american tire. The lips on the D windows rub the calipers. Be prepared to shave the caliper and I think the 4runner calipers will not fit but I am not sure about that.

I have the same wheels on my truck as the original post a reverse offset 2.5" backspace and i dont get any rub on the caliper.

I have the same wheels on my truck as the original post a reverse offset 2.5" backspace and i dont get any rub on the caliper.

Cool. That is what the R2.5 means. That makes sense since you want a wider stance with the SOA.

Yes I went off of CruisinFJ60's recommendation for the wheels. I have heard some say they work no problem, while others say to get a small spacer. I will see how it lines up and then shave the caliper if I have to. I was just comparing prices and wanted to state what I found in case anyone else is looking.

Thinking about it the backspacing will not change the caliper clearance. I think the older or another vendor D windows didn't have the lip which cleared the calipers.

crusinfj60,

You have the lip on your windows?

Thinking about it the backspacing will not change the caliper clearance. I think the older or another vendor D windows didn't have the lip which cleared the calipers.

crusinfj60,

You have the lip on your windows?

I'm confused I thought the stock was 3.5" backspace so if you went more it would go back further towards the engine, with say a 3.75" backspace. Then if you used a .25" spacer it would bring you to where you wanted to be right? So with the reverse 2.5" backspace I should be good. When you ask about the lip on your windows are you referring to the wheel? Sorry my brain is lagging today haha thanks

yes i do have the lip on mine and the clearance is as close as it could get.
I think they might rub with the 4 runner calipers tho... guess ill find out before to long...

my old roomate has a 77 FJ40 and he also put these wheels on his truck only dif was they were 10" wide and he has no rubbing either and it has the factory front disk.

I'm confused I thought the stock was 3.5" backspace so if you went more it would go back further towards the engine, with say a 3.75" backspace. Then if you used a .25" spacer it would bring you to where you wanted to be right? So with the reverse 2.5" backspace I should be good. When you ask about the lip on your windows are you referring to the wheel? Sorry my brain is lagging today haha thanks

in short the less backspace the further out the wheel will move towards the outside of the vehicle.

the lip refers to the "D window" that is stamped into the wheel it kinda "rolls" to the inside of the wheel.

Thanks CruisinFJ60 I owe you one for your input on this from the start! Thank

I have the round window rockcrawlers... 3.75" backspacing, they still rubbed... I threw some 1" spacers on there, they work great, and the rig feels nice and solid. I like the 2" wider stance.

Thanks CruisinFJ60 I owe you one for your input on this from the start! Thank

no problem just hope you are happy in the long run.:beer:

SO what damn backspacing works with the 4Runner calipers? I thought 3.5 worked without needing to grind the caliper body. I'm getting ready to order these same wheels. Can somebody tell me which to get? I'd like a 35" tire on a 16" wheel. How wide a wheel do I need?

to be quite honest the backspace really doesnt have anything to do with the calipers rubbing since the backspace is the distance measured from the wheel mounting surface to the inside rim (assuming something flat was put across it to get the measurment) so that being said no matter what the backspace is the face of the wheel never moves what causes rubbing is actually the design of the wheel and curve of the face.

backspace will come into play when you start talking about rubbing from other parts such as leaf springs or more commonly Tie rod ends. on a 15" wheel it puts the rim of the wheel straight towards the TRE meaning that if you have too high a backspace the TRE will rub and take the wheel weights right off your wheel.

hopefully this makes sense.

I did a lot of searching and am still trying to settle on a wheel and tire combo but was surprised how many people are running spacers to make them work. Not a lot of options.

there is nothing wrong with a good properly fit spacer

Last edited:
is there a combo with 4runner caliper that just works, no mods necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom