SOA begins!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, my friend Jason has decided to do my SOA while I am in the mid east. What a friend! I'm jealous I am missing out, but here's some pics. I will post all the parts I have ordered next message. I have to get it all together. :cheers:
SOA1 (Small).JPG
SOA2 (Small).JPG

It's always cool to see a progression....

Are those bins on your roof rack bolted down/permanent?

It's always cool to see a progression....

Are those bins on your roof rack bolted down/permanent?

They are bolted down. I drilled two holes in each side, then cut 1 inch steel strips about 1 foot long. I used two steel strips on the inside and two on the bottom side of the roof rack. So four bolts and four strips to each box. It's a pretty solid setup. I can take it off but it's more permanent. Worked great for kayaking, just throw the kayak inside or between the boxes and the wet gear in the boxes. I used to ice down beer, but the insulating factor isn't very good, so the ice would melt fast.

Nice to have friends like that! Looks good so far.

who makes the rack?, thats a cool looking rack

who makes the rack?, thats a cool looking rack

Yes I have great friends!! The rack is made by ARB. I got the tough boxes at Lowes, and the gas can holders from a mud member last year. I can't remember where I ordered the actual cans. I love the rack. Is perfect and in my opinion the best one I've ever seen. I think it can hold 500lbs.

That is a great friend. Nice cruiser. Enjoy reading the SOA threads. Thank you for your service.

That is a great friend. Nice cruiser. Enjoy reading the SOA threads. Thank you for your service.
ditto on that, my brother is in the green zone right now, communications spec....

thanks for your service to your country,

BTW what is your MOS? what branch are you in?

ditto on that, my brother is in the green zone right now, communications spec....

thanks for your service to your country,

BTW what is your MOS? what branch are you in?

I am ex-military. I was a good old 11B in 3rd Ranger Batt. I did several deployments in both Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as some training Thailand, and other countries. I am currently a civilian working for the Dept. Of State as part of a Provincial Reconstruction Team Security Detail. I should be the one saying thank you to all who support the guys over here. So Thanks for being outstanding citizens! really, some people are so ignorant it's sick. Again Thanks guys!

what a friend to start the soa to bad you can't help. Is that a housing from proffitt that has been c + t?

Yes that is a Proffitt's cut & turned axle housing. I wish I could help! Should have more pics soon.

X2 my best friend barely know that owns a diesel kia ..

X2 my best friend barely know that owns a diesel kia ..

Haha How's Panama? I remembered talking to you before when I was trying to find a place to go, I ended up going to Colombia for a month. I'm headed back that way again in June. I love all the Cruisers down there!!!!!!!

Haha How's Panama? I remembered talking to you before when I was trying to find a place to go, I ended up going to Colombia for a month. I'm headed back that way again in June. I love all the Cruisers down there!!!!!!!

Just drop me a mail mate when you get your plans to come ..

Just drop me a mail mate when you get your plans to come ..

Thanks! Same with you should you ever want to come to the states. If I'm actually there I'd love to show you around.

Thanks! Same with you should you ever want to come to the states. If I'm actually there I'd love to show you around.

I need to win the loto and carry my Tencha with my to make a trip to Tellico .. !!!!! :cry:

I need to win the loto and carry my Tencha with my to make a trip to Tellico .. !!!!! :cry:

Yes! I am thinking of making a drive from Georgia to Bogota, Colombia, but not in my Land Cruiser though. I have a 1973 Volkswagen Van. Something that gets good gas mileage and if I have to leave it on the side of the road I won't care as much. haha I could never leave my Land Cruiser.

Sorry for the lack of updating, I've been busy over here, and I haven't had any updates from my friend until now. So, here it is. Shouldn't be too much longer. I hope to have it done by June.
LC1 (Small).JPG
LC2 (Small).JPG
LC3 (Small).JPG

Jason got the diffs. worked. Looking good. I need to order shocks and a steering dampner as well as sway bar bushings. Ideas on what to get and from where? Jason was thinking 3" longer than normal shocks to mount the studs halfway down the axle housing. Here's a couple pics he sent me.
diffs (Small).JPG
diffs2 (Small).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom