Always bet on black. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, this weekend was productive...got some things done. I'm super happy! I hope woody doesnt mind, I got a sticker made in black to fit the small 1/4 window on the rear passenger doors. Put one on each side.

FiNALLY....AWAY WITH THE CHROME!!!!!!!!!!! Much happier now without the chrome wheels, emblems, trim and grille.
P4060070.jpg
P4060071.jpg
P4060072.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Maybe you want to paint your new "nipple rings" black? Might finish off the look. The little orange dinkle berries just don't look right hanging down there! Grill looks nice. :cool:

they are going to be powdercoated red along with the rear one when my friend gets a chance to do them at work. I dont like the orange

Looks Good Guy!!!!!!!

I want one of those stickers! If they sold them on here, I would buy one (hint hint)

Looks good!!!
How long did all that take ya?

I want one of those stickers! If they sold them on here, I would buy one (hint hint)

In the IH8MUD store(link @ top of page) woody has white ones in the exact same size. I PM'd him the other day but he said he didnt have the black so I took a 'mud sticker I had and scanned it into my computer. Then brought that file to my vinyl guy and had him cut some for me.

Looks good!!!
How long did all that take ya?

I did it in parts. Started it a few months ago when i randomly decided to paint my whole grille(the other one i have) flat black. That prompted me to buy wheels from macneill, get them powdercoated, take my emblems off the back and paint them/replace with vinyl sticker variants, cover the chrome trim on the sides, get tires, and so on... Some trial and error, i have about 6 different types of flat/semi-flat/semi-satin/satin black spray paint downstairs now. Still have some things to touch up, IE: repaint hubcaps and get the nipple rings done in red.

You need some shine on those tires. :flipoff2:

Looks good.

hell no, you made that mistake, im not going to.

no turning back now huh? your ride's lookin good! when's the lift comin?
oh, and do you know what the dimensions are for the sticker? i love the subtlety.

Yeah, I cant go back now!

Lift will come when the AHC dies. Till then ill be nice to the CV boots and only raise it up when offroading. The sticker is 8.5" long by however high. Its the same size as the one woody has in the mud store, just flat-black. He only has white ones, but if we all band together maybe we can get him to make some black ones.

Anthony, who really could go back when this is what they have to go "back to".
IMAGE_107.jpg

Nice job !
All this chrome is exactly why I wouldn't buy a LX...
To being coherent, I just have now to change my s***y chromy rims... exactly the same as on your last picture

Anthony, who really could go back when this is what they have to go "back to".

You're right man. Your black wheels are way better than the chromes you were rollin on.

Is that a Warn receiver shackle you got back there in your receiver hitch? I need to get one of those.

But count me in for the black stickers if Woody will consider them.

not really sure who makes it, I had my friend order it for me a few years ago when he was into modding his XJ that he had.

Ok im serious, this is the last picture for a while. Before and after of the front and a shot I got the other day when i saw a stock LX in my color at the train station parking lot.
beforeafter2.jpg

Nice. 'Bout time!

How those ATs riding at Loud speeds?

What size tires did you end up going with?

macneil,

Alert - Thread hijack in process.

The BFG AT 285 review.

When it is wet the truck definitely moves around more on aggressive cornering, I can get a World Rally slid going on certain pavement. The braking is not as good in the wet. I would say if you are aggressive and brake late, be extra careful with these tires. They handle high speeds quite well and are great on the daily 75+ mph commute. Also, the front inside tire will break loose on wet pavement that has less than perfect surface.

Thanks. It's Monday.

macneil,

The BFG AT 285 review.

When it is wet the truck definitely moves around more on aggressive cornering, I can get a World Rally slid going on certain pavement. The braking is not as good in the wet. I would say if you are aggressive and brake late, be extra careful with these tires. They handle high speeds quite well and are great on the daily 75+ mph commute. Also, the front inside tire will break loose on wet pavement that has less than perfect surface.

Nice. 'Bout time!

How those ATs riding at Loud speeds?

They are loud at Loud speeds (90+). They are fine at normal people speeds.

macneil,

The BFG AT 285 review.

oh great does this mean i actually have to drive normal speeds in the rain? Your comparing these to what tires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom