Hose capped off, reconnect to ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MarcoPolo

Mud.. it's a life...
Threads
Putting my fuel tank back into the truck. Noticed one of the small hose's capped off, part of the breather.

It's plain to me it should be connected to the steel hose running down underneath and along the passenger side, up into the engine compartment. Thats where the steel hose ends, and no longer has a flexible hose attached to it. It ends in space :hmm:

Where should this be terminating at? When taking off the cap, the fuel tank takes in a huge gasp of air, and I feel guilty for not letting him breathe properly ............................:doh: ...

:meh:

Marco,

It should go to a charcoal cannister mounted under the heater blower.

Marco,

It should go to a charcoal cannister mounted under the heater blower.

Hhmm:hmm:....makes sense..
.....................There isn't one of course.. Does it matter what year?

I'm guessin must be pretty much the same one for about 72' - 84 or so :meh:

Thanx much, Marco

Hhmm:hmm:....makes sense..
.....................There isn't one of course.. Does it matter what year? I'm guessin must be pretty much the same one for about 72' - 84 or so :meh: Thanx much, Marco

Probably. I would assume there are more fittings on the later models, but they all pretty much serve the same function. Post it up. I'm sure somebody has one laying around in their parts pile.

Marco, the fuel tank must be allowed to breathe. At the very least, reconnect the steel line that goes out to the engine bay, and put a disposable fuel filter on the end of the line, mounted up high. The fuel tank can then inhale/exhale though the tank vapor separator and the filter.

Marco, the fuel tank must be allowed to breathe. At the very least, reconnect the steel line that goes out to the engine bay, and put a disposable fuel filter on the end of the line, mounted up high. The fuel tank can then inhale/exhale though the tank vapor separator and the filter.

Great idea till I find a replacement one. Thanx :wrench:

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom