4-19-08 BBCNN Trail Run: Bronco Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail:Bronco Canyon

Description: This is a trial ride out to a canyon in the Virginia Range. The canyon it self is technical requiring 33’s and a locker. However the trail up to the canyon can be done in a stock rig.

Date: 4-19-08

Meeting Time:9:15 am Leave Time: 9:30 am

Meeting Location:The now closed grocery store across from the 7/11 at the base of Geiger Grade on SR 341

Trail Difficulty: 2 most of the way up the canyon and then 3-4 depending what lines you choose.

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch

Duration of Run: Mid afternoon

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3

BBCNN

Ham simplex 146.460,

Somebody want to post the frequency etc. for the Ophir Hill machine?

Edit:
Found it.
Output 146.61, input 146.01, PL 123.0

Hey all that Ohpir hill machine is 146.61 - offset and Pl 123 and you should also be able to use the 147.060 + offset PL 123 and the 060 machine is linked to the 147.360 + offset PL 123 machine it reaches all the way to Fallon. the 360 machine is the one i use all the time and can talk all the way into Reno just thought i would let you guys know.

BTW i Have the locker installed on the 40 now WOOT

Dan:cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

Hey all Question for do you think Johns Truck will make this run the front end is fixed so need to know if you guys think his rig will make it through Thanks

Dan :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

Hey all Question for do you think Johns Truck will make this run the front end is fixed so need to know if you guys think his rig will make it through Thanks

Dan :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:
He can always park and check it out before he commits. It's a short stretch that loops back to the line road. The actual canyon is only about 200 yards long.

Thats the lower section, there is another section higher up that would deny the best rigs in the club. It's full on rock buggy territory.

Will we be back before 4PM you think?
If so, Im thinkin that Ill make it!
Have a dinner engaugement at 6...

Man I cant wait to get out and do some wheelin!:steer::bounce::steer::bounce2::steer::bounce::steer::bounce2::steer::bounce:

K

Will we be back before 4PM you think?
If so, Im thinkin that Ill make it!
Have a dinner engaugement at 6...

Man I cant wait to get out and do some wheelin!:steer::bounce::steer::bounce2::steer::bounce::steer::bounce2::steer::bounce:

K
Shouldn't be a problem, you can always blaze out early if people have problems.
I'd like to be home early too.

I may be in Santa Cruz for this one, but if I can't get work off I'll go on this run for sure.

I heard yesterday that the owner of the Opher Hill repeater has put a 10 min contact limit on it. So it's now once you make contact your supposed to move to another freq. I don't see this beeing a problem for us considering how little time we spend on a repeater.

FAAAAAWWWWWK!
Im on call that weekend for the hospital...
No go for me!:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Have fun!:censor::censor::censor::censor:

K

I talked with someone who lives in The highlands the other day. Snow is mostly gone but still a lot of mud. It could be dry by next weekend.

So I'm bringing a friend with a nicely modded 86 truck, and a friend with a Samurai, toy axles, super low ridiculous gears. Can't wait, this runs going to be awesome. I'm a little nervous about my lack of sliders..

I may be game. Let me talk it over with the boss.

Regards

Alvaro

. Can't wait, this runs going to be awesome. I'm a little nervous about my lack of sliders..

You should be fine Jason, I'm pretty sure we can get you through without damage, unless it has changed a ton since the last time I was up there.

Regards

Alvaro

Looking forward to it.

Jack

Heck yea cant wait the 40 is locked in the rear and ready to roll hope to see everyone that can make it there ought to be a good time and really hope your there Alvaro would be good to see you again been to long bud.

Dan:cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

Regards

Alvaro
bounce_fast.gif

so now I am sliderless, and bumperless. I just sold my ARB, and the Winch version is on its way. I doubt it'll get here in time. Don't know if I'll make it, I don't want to mess anything up.

Unfortunately, I'm on lockdown at work until the end of May. I'm hoping I can break away for the overnight run that month. Y'all try to have fun without me!

We're on. Monica won't be with be, but a co-worker from Argentina will.

Regards

Alvaro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom