differences between oz spec diesel and petrol gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
differences between oz spec diesel and petrol gas tank, with pics would be great, plus part #

and pic and # of transfer pump assembly

and pics and #'s of differences of dual fill necks...not with or with out restrictor plate but apparently their an differences in one of the out feel tubes????? pics of everything and part #'s would be great

matt

differences between oz spec diesel and petrol gas tank, with pics would be great, plus part #matt

According to the EPC the 1992 diesel subtank and the 1997 petrol subtank is the same part number, 77001-69055. I would say they were all the same. The later petrol tank however had only one fuel pickup pipe on the tank versus the diesel tanks that had two pipes, one for pickup and one for return/vent. That part can be ordered and interchanged if needed.

and pic and # of transfer pump assemblymatt

The transfer solenoid is not a complete assembly in any of the EPC images. Its a mish-mash of parts that makes my head hurt just to look at it. I have tried to notate here with the red dots and the parts list what you would need (based on a 1997 Australian VIN), but it may not be complete.

Dual filler neck part numbers for a 1997 Oz spec FZJ-80 is 77730-60012 for lower half and 77201-60322 for upper.
Fuel transfer solenoid diagram.JPG
solenoid parts list.jpg

Last edited:
FYI - on previous threads about subtank installs it has been said that there are 2 captive nuts in the body for the transfer pump assembely. However, if you use the COMPLETE assembely with the bracket 77296-60092 to hold it all together, you will find that there are actually 3 captive nuts in our US trucks.

thanks elemarachi & jp, pics if u got'm would be great or from anyone else

Last edited:
This will include subtank, filler, straps, transfer pump, subtank dash switch and overhead console. So they are as complete as can be and some for those looking for the console.
Subtank Pictures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys I finally got to see all the parts. Here is a picture of one set with everything you will be getting. Please note that not every set will have all the tiny bits and pieces. for instance, one of the dash switches needs bulbs, a couple of the metal straps will need the rubber pieces that fit between the strap and tank. I think that is all that is missing. Also two of the tanks were from diesels and have diesel senders. You can run them this way but if you want to use the overhead gauge you will need to call CDAN and get the 3-wire sender. Lastly, the overhead consoles appear fully functional but one has a small slit on the front-side where someone appears to have tried to install something. Its fairly small and isn't all that bad. Another one of the consoles has cracked plastic tabs. They do not affect the function of the gauge and I think superglue would be a quick and easy fix. Overall the condition of everything is good and hardly any rust if at all but I just want to make sure everyone understands these are used parts and are not going to be perfect.

so cant upload the pic

from the picture it looks like you have the complete bolt in transfer pump assembely.

from the picture it looks like you have the complete bolt in transfer pump assembely.

I agree. Matt, if I were you I wouldn't buy anything else until I got all these parts in, inventoried them and posted pics of each one. Then we can help you figure out what you need. But that kits looks fairly complete.

Part # 77001-60908 shows to be for 1997 Oz spec FZJ-80 main fuel tank:

77.51 FUEL TANK & TUBE, ILLUST NO. 1 OF 3; FJ80,FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80 (9001- );
08/1992-07/1999 production.
TANK ASSY, FUEL, W(SUB TANK),MAIN-TANK

I can only ASSUME that this would be pre-cut for the fuel level switch. Again, no gaurantees.

$400 for the new main tank scared me away from it. I was happy with my $95 :hillbilly: job!

see the only prob for me is the kit i'm trying to put together is at slee's in colorado and i wanna go down in the next couple months to do the install but wanna really line up the parts etc for the install, lol u guys really screwed me lol cause i was gonna do the simple tranfer system with georges ecu etc but now i want oem, but u guys seem to think by looks that i got most of it?

well hopefully with the main tank japan4x4 can help me and guarantee the right tank....hopefully, plus for the custom plate thing i cant find a shop here in vancouver that will do it.....carb b.s. and leagality emmision bs

I agree. Matt, if I were you I wouldn't buy anything else until I got all these parts in, inventoried them and posted pics of each one. Then we can help you figure out what you need. But that kits looks fairly complete.

Part # 77001-60908 shows to be for 1997 Oz spec FZJ-80 main fuel tank:

77.51 FUEL TANK & TUBE, ILLUST NO. 1 OF 3; FJ80,FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80 (9001- );
08/1992-07/1999 production.
TANK ASSY, FUEL, W(SUB TANK),MAIN-TANK

I can only ASSUME that this would be pre-cut for the fuel level switch. Again, no gaurantees.

well hopefully with the main tank japan4x4 can help me and guarantee the right tank....hopefully, plus for the custom plate thing i cant find a shop here in vancouver that will do it.....carb b.s. and leagality emmision bs

FYI I just found these guys just southeast of Vancouver:
Leakers Gas Tanks

and they use the same Gas Tank Renu system my local guys use that worked on my tank. I'll bet that if you tell them you are working on an offroad vehicle and take them your tank, the mounting ring and fuel level switch, they can do thisand you will save $200-300.

i'll be phoning these guys tommorow lol u have no idea how long i looked yesterday for a place, but will still try and source out a main tank and price it out anyway. but ur ur guys lol "expert opinion"... for the install on my 94 and the parts u've seen that i have i should be ok for a basic install? i'm more worried about going down to slee and missing somthing more mecheanical and integral, wire i'm not that worried about as that can always be custom done it just takes a little more time, its the fitting pieces like the transfer pump assembly etc and gaskets and hoses etc...do think i'd be ok if i got ur parts list etc....and ya iknow u guys are "parts guys" but ur my only "..." help/hope

Last edited:
i'll be phoning these guys tommorow lol u have no idea how long i looked yesterday for a place,

YAHOO!

.do think i'd be ok if i got ur parts list etc....and ya iknow u guys are "parts guys" but ur my only "..." help/hope

- Get the main tank issues resolved, either through a new tank or via my mod.
- Run about three feet of 5/16 hose from the new JDM main fuel pump bracket, plug it with a bolt in the end and a hose clamp and tie it off out of the way underneath.
- Make sure you have your OEM hoses and clamps when you get to Slee. You can mount the subtank, dual filler neck and transfer assembly and even if you can't make it work because you need other parts, you can finalize your fuel plumbing 100% and drive it home with no issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom