Reputation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I understand how to give reputation points, and that it is tied to "what road you are on", but is there anything more to it? Can I view stats on myself and others? Comments on posts? Or just it just boil down to a color rating below your avatar?

still experimenting with it....not sure what all comes of it offhand ;)

(I'm learning the new features too)

Good 'nough. For what it's worth, I just approved of your reply :p

I think it would be AWESOME for leaving comments on mud sales... I've been zinged a few times and the only option is starting a bashing thread. A bashing thread would be overkill, the items were less than $100. But I would like to warn others..

Hey Woody, When you get all the bells and whistles figured out could you post a Cliff's notes version so I can learn how to use some of the new gadgets?
Cool, THX

Are the reputation points kind of like skee-ball tickets? How many points do I need to win a 200 series so I can sell it to buy gas for my 80?

Bump to keep this from falling through the cracks. When you get a chance, there are lots of us wondering WTF this does, and what consequences come of voting yeah or neah of others' posts.

I think it could help keep some tech posts less chat-like :clap:

Have you been to the 200 series section? So far the tech seems limited to speculation on whether or not the truck will self-destruct if taken off of the nav system's road network.

Last edited:
Ah, so comments seem to show up in your user CP, and you get points for bashing 200 owners. Sweet!

still experimenting with it....not sure what all comes of it offhand ;)

First experience with it is not positive. I got dinged with a "negative" by some guy for a reply that I made to a post. Funny thing is that the OP that I replied to also gave me a "positive" for the same post.

Don't quite know what to make of that. The guy that I replied to liked my post but some other guy didn't so he dings me.

Oh well, I've got thick skin and that is a good thing for this internet stuff. :D

-B-

Look at the bottom of this thread. You should see a green box followed by my ID.
-B-

Okay, it's not at the bottom of the thread. Where you wrote "you should see this at the bottom of the thread" is in my usercp when I go to that page, but not visible in this thread.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You have a green box in your profile in the post, but what does that have to do with my reputation?

Jay,
I can never tell when you are serious and when you are yankin' someone's chain. I don't do Chat very often as you know.

It is at the bottom when you do a USERCP.
-B-

I would still like to know why there is the feedback one with no color at all.
I understand the red and the green but i get all of these "no color" ones. When i get them the points do not change......just bugging me

Well i just looked and it is a light grey

i'm actually disapointed to see that feature here.
it looks good on paper, but in practise is easy abused and quickly rendered pointless.

one case study: gun forum i frequent has it.
one dude just found firearms last year or so. does'nt know his elbow from his a****** about them. yet posts pics of scantily clad females at every chance. as a result has the highest rep point count on the forum.....for PA firearms owners....:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom