What to do with tiller motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a roto-tiller that is about 10 years old but only about 20 hours total on it and the motor runs strong. The "transmission" on the tiller is shot. I have tried repairing, but it did not work, and the cost of a new one is too much. So....

Give me some ideas of what I can make with the motor. I was thinking of making a log splitter. Anyone made one? Any other ideas for making some use of this engine?

Power Washer?

Isn't it just a horizontal shaft motor? Depends what size it is, I guess. I've seen some nice splitters made with 6.5 hp and up motors.

You could put it on a go-cart, or a mini-bike, or a .........geez, I guess there's a lot of options for that motor.

WHAT HP IS IT?

Power Washer?

I already have one, but not a bad idea.

Isn't it just a horizontal shaft motor? Depends what size it is, I guess. I've seen some nice splitters made with 6.5 hp and up motors.

You could put it on a go-cart, or a mini-bike, or a .........geez, I guess there's a lot of options for that motor.

WHAT HP IS IT?

It is a 5HP motor.

Does it have the camshaft extending out the PTO cover? This would be for reveres on a tiller. Those engines have a different camshaft grind in them and make them very desirable for Go-Carts. They are built for low end torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom