OME front vs rear spacers/packers - different dimensions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Couple questions on OME "spacers":

1) What some manufacturers call 'spacers', OME's terminology is "packers" correct?

2) The 10mm packers are only 0.33inches in height? Is that really enough change to make a difference?

3) Can they be stacked and if so, what's the recommended max?

**Edit** I just found in another post that ARB USA recommends no more than 15mm max stack height per corner. Is this consistent with folks' experience?

I have OME 863's in the rear and 850's in the front, with an ARB bar and Warn winch. Suffice to say, I've got a decent rake forward.

4) Are the dimensions of the front packers different from the rear packers? Curious if they're interchangeable.

Thanks.

Last edited:
the front and rears are different and not interchangeable.

I used the Man-A-Fre front spacer for a while and thought it was a good solution to what you are seeing.

The best would be a set of 850J springs in my opinion. You can always recoup some of the cost of those by selling the old ones here.

the front and rears are different and not interchangeable.

- Ok, good to know. Thanks for the confirmation.

I used the Man-A-Fre front spacer for a while and thought it was a good solution to what you are seeing.

- What size spacer did you opt for, with what springs at that time?

The best would be a set of 850J springs in my opinion. You can always recoup some of the cost of those by selling the old ones here.

- With the load I described, what would the height difference be after swapping out 850's to 850J's?

Thanks for the quick response, LT.

do you have to change anything other than the springs if you do this swap to J's? I thought you would have to change other parts as well.... (caster correction bushings being a given on either lift...)

KK

Ideally caster would have been sorted out before all the added weight was put on so going back to that starting height shouldn't be a problem. But if that wasn't done then it should be addressed. The longer springs will offer better travel with longer shocks but that would also be true if one was to just add a 1" spacer up front with the shorter springs.

OME note for max 2 trim packers stack. and yes a OPR05 or OPR10 make a world of diference .. coz one corner goes up and the other might go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom