97 Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

] An advanced 24-valve, 4.5-litre six-cylinder petrol engine, 1FZ-FE was introduced. Larger brakes were added and the total wheelbase was made slightly longer.

no...

"Larger brakes were added and the total wheelbase was made slightly longer". This quote is false. Mechanically, all 80's sent to the US were the same after 95. 91-92 didn't have ABS, no full floater option, 93-94 had a mix of ABS, 95 + all had ABS and of course the full floater axle. With the full floater and ABS your got rear disks. Collectors Edition trucks had some extra bling and badging, Same with the 40th edition trucks. Although 40th edition truck had auto climate control. Never heard of a "slightly longer wheelbase" 80 imported into the US by Toyota:doh:
Oh, and BTW the 1FZ-FE was not introduced in 1997 for this truck, that engine has been around since 1993.
Bottom line, nothing special about a "collectors Edition" 80 other than the bling. That is unless the owner added after market items.

One more thing. Lockers were an option on all 80's starting in 1993

Being a 40th makes it something of an item, though not really any different than other 80's of that era.

Was there not a difference between Anniversary Editions and Collector? I thought they were two different editions.

Yes. The 40th ONLY came in sage and emerald green with two tone seats. The CEs had the same door mouldings, wheels, auto climate control, but came in any color and only had the typical mono tone seats. Either way both models where mainly sales gimics. However, the 40th's regardless what many have to say are unique in that it commemorates 40 years of Toyota being in the USA, CEs have nothing collectable about them.

CE models only came in black or pearl white? Mine is dark green.:confused:
And mine, like the sellers in the picture, is Desert Dune. Oopsies :D

I own a CE. It's the same as the rest with a bit of bling also found on the 40th and the LX. But nothing collectable...

My CE is blue, and it didn't come with a cool jacket. Now I am pissed!

We talked your price down enough that you can go buy your own damn jacket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom