Little trip with bumper report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So Darcie, Will his wife Jenny (White Ramcharger on El Dorado) and I decided to do a little exploring today. We headed up toward Nightengale.

I loaded up the water can and gas can, full on both of them. Well, it has been a few years since I have been up there, so I managed to take a few wrong roads (not hard to do up there, tons of roads). We ended up on some small two tracks that petered out to nothing, found a few mine sites and an old abandoned ranch site. So not a total loss at all. We finally got around to finding the right road and made it to Nightengale. We walked around and then head down the road to Nixon. Covered some new ground there as well.

The bumper held up great, with very little movement. I was very happy about that. Nothing fell out of line or became misshapen. :cool: I managed to hit some washboard, whoop-de-doos and even mangaged a near airborne a time or two. There were some hard hits and everything held up great.

All in all a great and successful day. :bounce:

Jack

Cool trip, we gotta do that again someday. Maybe I can figure out a rear suspension that won't pogo all day...

Thank goodness you didn't post any pics of my bumper yet.... And just for the record, yes I do have a two dimensional mind, so that's why I do everything in squares.....

There are some nice places to explore up there! I've been up there when it has been wet...standing water over the "Hot Springs Road" and another 4x4 trail. It can get greasy up there! I too came across an old mine...at the south end of the Saw Wave mtn range.

But watch out if you're up there during the first couple weeks of deer season :eek:.

Cool trip, we gotta do that again someday. Maybe I can figure out a rear suspension that won't pogo all day...

Thank goodness you didn't post any pics of my bumper yet.... And just for the record, yes I do have a two dimensional mind, so that's why I do everything in squares.....

I agree. The rear suspension should be fun to figure out.

2d...that's funny.

There are some nice places to explore up there! I've been up there when it has been wet...standing water over the "Hot Springs Road" and another 4x4 trail. It can get greasy up there! I too came across an old mine...at the south end of the Saw Wave mtn range.

But watch out if you're up there during the first couple weeks of deer season :eek:.

Yeah, we ended up on the east side of the Saw Wave Mtns. I had never been over that way before, there are a bunch more roads that I need to follow. There was a cool looking mtn range to the north of the dry lake bed and valley up there that looked very interesting. Again a huge block of area ripe for the exploring.:steer:

We even saw a few chukkur (sp?).

I don't leave the safety of main roads during deer season, I pretty much end my exploring during that period. Darcie and I made the mistake of going north of the smoke creek area one year, never again. I feel safer driving through LA. There were guys all over the place with guns driving like crazy. Come to think of it, it is like LA traffic.:D

Jack

At least in LA they usually carry pistols. 300 Mags are hard to run from with their extra range, and there aren't any apartments to hide behind out in the Middle of Nowhere Nevada....

As for 2D thinking.... I'm probably just out of luck, since most of the people I know that are really creative, use a lot of alternative methods to approach spiritual enlightenment. Until Monster adds some of that to their cans I don't see me getting any better....

I agree. The rear suspension should be fun to figure out.

2d...that's funny.

Yeah, we ended up on the east side of the Saw Wave Mtns. I had never been over that way before, there are a bunch more roads that I need to follow. There was a cool looking mtn range to the north of the dry lake bed and valley up there that looked very interesting. Again a huge block of area ripe for the exploring.:steer:

We even saw a few chukkur (sp?).

I don't leave the safety of main roads during deer season, I pretty much end my exploring during that period. Darcie and I made the mistake of going north of the smoke creek area one year, never again. I feel safer driving through LA. There were guys all over the place with guns driving like crazy. Come to think of it, it is like LA traffic.:D

Jack

There is a neat 4x4 trail that pretty much follows the western crest of the northern portion of the Saw Waves. I had my Mom & Dad with me about 3-years ago and my Mom was starting to get nervous about the trail...so I 180'd back rather than scaring her anymore than I had already...but I'd like to go back and run that out some day. Its doable as you know as a 1-day and might be nice as an overnighter on a warm not so windy spring weekend!

The Blue Wings immediately north of the Saw Waves is the next range...but you are also looking at other ranges including Trinity's, Seven Trough's, Lava Beds, etc. ranges. All great places to explore and camp.

There is a neat 4x4 trail that pretty much follows the western crest of the northern portion of the Saw Waves. I had my Mom & Dad with me about 3-years ago and my Mom was starting to get nervous about the trail...so I 180'd back rather than scaring her anymore than I had already...but I'd like to go back and run that out some day. Its doable as you know as a 1-day and might be nice as an overnighter on a warm not so windy spring weekend!

The Blue Wings immediately north of the Saw Waves is the next range...but you are also looking at other ranges including Trinity's, Seven Trough's, Lava Beds, etc. ranges. All great places to explore and camp.

That sounds like an easy to do run that we could do in a day, we get to see a new road and you get to finish it. Win-win.:bounce2:

Now see there you go whetting my appetite for exporing in that area. :grinpimp:

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom