Who was in Calistoga today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

slo60

SILVER Star
Threads
I saw a nicely built 100 with Nevada plates in Calistoga (Napa Valley) today. Anyone from MUD?

Was it by chance...Espresso Brown?

If it looked like it was built with 35's and bumpers front and rear, most likely Spressoman, he was supposed to be heading that way this weekend.

Jack

Guilty as charged. I guess it's time to get another rig & go under cover :D

Should've chased us down...we ate at Busters: The absolute BEST BBQ I've had in a looooonnnnnggggg time! So good I had to buy some of their hot BBQ sauce...habanero's! I love find'n new places to eat that are worth another trip!!!

Signing off from Sebastopol.

Welcome to Calistoga!

Buster's hot sauce is the hottest sauce you will ever experience! Be careful:D.

Nice Cruiser. I sort of gave chase, but by the time I got onto main st, you were headed back to 29. If you get back over here, let me know!

:cheers:

Geez Dan! You drove right by and didn't even say hello.
I wondered who it was too, the guys at work said... "Hey we saw a Land Cruiser just like yours...But it was much nicer..."

Me bad! It was Sandy's birthday yesterday and we were making a b-line to Pride for an 11:30AM appointment and was running 15-minutes late...traffic sure does stack up in St. Helena :rolleyes:.

Yeah right..."...much nicer than yours..."...complete with copious amounts of sage-brush/willow tree pin-striping, a wrinkled fender and now numerous dents from trail damage.

Slo60: Yeah...my taste buds are so burnt from hot peppers I can't really tell what's hot or not. I'll tell Sandy to try something that tastes mild...and then, after she gives in, yells and screams how hot it is. I knew at 2:30 this morning after a round of pepto how hot it really was :rolleyes:. But mighty fine BBQ!!!

Speaking of Dan sightings..........was that you on page 86 of a certain four wheel drive rag?

Speaking of Dan sightings..........was that you on page 86 of a certain four wheel drive rag?

Yep...forgot to tell you both last night about it! Harry came along on our High Rock Canyon run last May...it was a great trip and a bonus that he wrote the article, took some nice pics and also got them submitted to Four Wheeler.

FYI: We got broken into while in the city today :frown:.

Yep...forgot to tell you both last night about it! Harry came along on our High Rock Canyon run last May...it was a great trip and a bonus that he wrote the article, took some nice pics and also got them submitted to Four Wheeler.

FYI: We got broken into while in the city today :frown:.

That sucks! Hopefully they didn't take anything too valuable and your truck didn't get hurt too badly? I had a Porsche 944 a few years ago that I left at a shop to have some work done. Someone broke in to steal the stereo. That was bad enough, but the A-hole used a big ass rock to break the window. It looked like he threw it from 10 feet away because he missed the first few times and smashed the crap out of the door! They also pretty much destroyed the dash getting the stereo out...

That sucks! Hopefully they didn't take anything too valuable and your truck didn't get hurt too badly? I had a Porsche 944 a few years ago that I left at a shop to have some work done. Someone broke in to steal the stereo. That was bad enough, but the A-hole used a big ass rock to break the window. It looked like he threw it from 10 feet away because he missed the first few times and smashed the crap out of the door! They also pretty much destroyed the dash getting the stereo out...

Yeah...it did/does suck: Thanks for your concern! Fortunately the thief was not bent on destruction. Took out the PS front window; a few small surface marks from flying glass on the door and dash trim...and the missing Garmin's and new MacBook. We normally don't take the LC to SF...but we had both dogs with us (another silver lining: Both dogs were untouched!)...and the LC is too tall for any parking garages in SF...my mistake. I should have known better.

Guess we'll just have to stick to dirt trails, exploring, camping and generally keeping away from the bowels of big cities :).

Dan, that’s horrible. What a way to end a great trip. I hope that doesn’t prevent you from stopping by the city ever again. I’ve been hit in SF three times now and once in a locked parking garage. Gotta say it feels rotten.

I’ll check all the pawn shops and trinket stores for your gear. We might find your GPS and mine there! Sorry to hear about it.

Yeah...it did/does suck: Thanks for your concern! Fortunately the thief was not bent on destruction. Took out the PS front window; a few small surface marks from flying glass on the door and dash trim...and the missing Garmin's and new MacBook. We normally don't take the LC to SF...but we had both dogs with us (another silver lining: Both dogs were untouched!)...and the LC is too tall for any parking garages in SF...my mistake. I should have known better.

Guess we'll just have to stick to dirt trails, exploring, camping and generally keeping away from the bowels of big cities :).

I hate theives. I had my truck stolen in San Antonio once, it's like a punch to the gut. My Jeep had things taken out of more than once. :bang: Too bad so few of the bastards ever get caught.

So which GPS are you going with this time?

Jack

Jeez, you guys are making me feeling like my time is about up. I've never had a car broken into! How long can I beat the odds....

Hey, have any of you guys ever been broken into when out in the sticks? Probably seems back-asswards, but I tend to worry more about it out there than in cities. I mean, like when I leave it parked out in the middle of nowhere for a day to go fishing or overnight to go backpacking, etc. It just seems like such an easy target with absolutely nobody around... especially you guys with the cool mods, I would think is a real attention getter.

I had a friend in high school that had a brand new 1988 Acura Integra that was broken into. They took a crow bar to the dash to get the stock Acura radio out of the car. They cracked the dash in half and caused over $2,000 in damage IIRC. They also stole his car phone by cutting the phone cord. The worst part was they must have realized the stock radio was worthless so they left it on the drivers seat. $2k in damages and all they took was a nonfunctioning car phone. I guess they could drive down the road and act like they were talking on a car phone.

Jeez, you guys are making me feeling like my time is about up. I've never had a car broken into! How long can I beat the odds....

Hey, have any of you guys ever been broken into when out in the sticks? Probably seems back-asswards, but I tend to worry more about it out there than in cities. I mean, like when I leave it parked out in the middle of nowhere for a day to go fishing or overnight to go backpacking, etc. It just seems like such an easy target with absolutely nobody around... especially you guys with the cool mods, I would think is a real attention getter.

Well...it only takes one break-in to start second guessing everywhere we leave our vehicles! But to date I have not had a problem leaving a vehicle at the trail-head for up to 7-days for backpacking/backcountry ski trips. But on those trips I don't have anything else in the truck including a GPS unit sitting on the dash. Maybe if I would have followed the same precautions I use on the bc trips we wouldn't have gotten broken into :rolleyes:. False sense of security on my part! This deal yesterday in SF could have been a whole lot worse for us...we are thankful the thief/s didn't take our dogs, do malicious damage to the rig above and beyond the broken window and stolen electronic items, steal my HAM radio and/or in-dash stereo, etc.

I had a nice rig (1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne) stolen from our driveway when I was a teenager (locked...cherry rig...never recovered); and another time when they broke into a 1979 Buick station wagon complete with wood grain trim :)lol:) that had "poor person owns this car" written all over it...and stole Sandy's purse that was locked in the glove box while we were out mountain biking. The purse was turned into police and us...sans the cash.

If I had tons of time...I'd find someone who has a tough pitbull...do the same thing again and come back to a bloody trail leading to the stolen goods :-o

I hate theives. I had my truck stolen in San Antonio once, it's like a punch to the gut. My Jeep had things taken out of more than once. :bang: Too bad so few of the bastards ever get caught.

So which GPS are you going with this time?

Jack

Don't know. Kinda waiting to see what Garmin does, if anything, with their new Topo software they have yet to introduce (I really want 1:24,000 scale!). I just saw a new (to me anyway) Magellan that has a 3.5" screen and offers TOPO maps. Need to investigate that further.

Or maybe I'll finally get off my rear and get the Sony UX-490 washed of the stupid Vista OS...and then plugged into an indash 7" Xenarc. Its a new frontier...and I have gotten so I hate playing the guinea pig role anymore! But it would be nice to go the PC route for the map freedom/selection.

Well...it only takes one break-in to start second guessing everywhere we leave our vehicles! But to date I have not had a problem leaving a vehicle at the trail-head for up to 7-days for backpacking/backcountry ski trips. But on those trips I don't have anything else in the truck including a GPS unit sitting on the dash. Maybe if I would have followed the same precautions I use on the bc trips we wouldn't have gotten broken into :rolleyes:. False sense of security on my part! This deal yesterday in SF could have been a whole lot worse for us...we are thankful the thief/s didn't take our dogs, do malicious damage to the rig above and beyond the broken window and stolen electronic items, steal my HAM radio and/or in-dash stereo, etc.

I had a nice rig (1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne) stolen from our driveway when I was a teenager (locked...cherry rig...never recovered); and another time when they broke into a 1979 Buick station wagon complete with wood grain trim :)lol:) that had "poor person owns this car" written all over it...and stole Sandy's purse that was locked in the glove box while we were out mountain biking. The purse was turned into police and us...sans the cash.

If I had tons of time...I'd find someone who has a tough pitbull...do the same thing again and come back to a bloody trail leading to the stolen goods :-o

Yikes man! Remind me not to park my car anywhere next to yours. :eek: You seem to attract the wrong crowd :) Seriously though... that's too bad about your stuff getting swiped. Good to hear you're at least focusing on the bright side!
It is interesting though... I remember my girlfriend's car getting broke into. It was a Chevy Cavalier... somebody tried to steal the stock radio. WTF?? I guess they probably wouldn't be petty thieves if they had half a brain.
And yeah, I've never had a problem leaving my car at trailheads, etc. either.. yet. I just keep thinking... all it'll take is one bubba or billy bob looking for some thrills or a joy ride. I guess all we can do is play the odds and cross our fingers.

Yikes man! Remind me not to park my car anywhere next to yours. :eek: You seem to attract the wrong crowd :) Seriously though... that's too bad about your stuff getting swiped. Good to hear you're at least focusing on the bright side!
It is interesting though... I remember my girlfriend's car getting broke into. It was a Chevy Cavalier... somebody tried to steal the stock radio. WTF?? I guess they probably wouldn't be petty thieves if they had half a brain.
And yeah, I've never had a problem leaving my car at trailheads, etc. either.. yet. I just keep thinking... all it'll take is one bubba or billy bob looking for some thrills or a joy ride. I guess all we can do is play the odds and cross our fingers.

And the rest leave to good insurance ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom