Difference between LC and LX door glass? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rock + lawn mower = shattered RF door glass. :bang:

Is there any difference between the Land Cruiser glass and the LX450 glass? Local Lexus dealer wants $333, Toyota dealer wants $163.

Quick research indicates that I probably should replace the runs while I'm in there. Anybody have a ballpark estimate for how much those run?

Thanks,
Eric

Toyota has a blue tint, Lexus a smoked tint. I replaced my 2 front door windows after a break in with Toy glass, and it looks decidedly odd compared to the rest of the windows.

Toyota has a blue tint, Lexus a smoked tint. I replaced my 2 front door windows after a break in with Toy glass, and it looks decidedly odd compared to the rest of the windows.

1) Thank you.

2) Dammit.

The one autoglass place that was open today said $205 including mobile installation, so I may just go that way. Hopefully they match the tint correctly...

I'm not sure if my insurance will pay for rock damage to a side window while parked in my driveway :doh:

Last edited:
i stay in the tacoma area, is there any wheelin spots around. i jus got a 96 lx and wanna do some wheelin around

Several. Scroll to the top of the screen, click the tab that says "TLCA Forum/Clubhouse". There are two sub-forums for Washington - try the "south sound" one.

1) Thank you.

2) Dammit.

The one autoglass place that was open today said $205 including mobile installation, so I may just go that way. Hopefully they match the tint correctly...

I'm not sure if my insurance will pay for rock damage to a side window while parked in my driveway :doh:

I would not file a claim for $200. Activity is real bad on an insurance record.

Just so this is in the archives, here's the (almost) end result. I made an appointment with the local Safelite shop since they're a couple blocks from my office. When I made the appointment, I was very specific in asking about the tints, trying to make sure they would have the right glass on time.

"Sir, they are professionals" was basically the response I got.

My appointment was at 1:00 today, but I was booked today, so I dropped it off right when they opened. The manager looked at me, looked at the paperwork, then looked outside. Then he said "It's a good thing you came in early." :bang: "The tints don't match."

He said he'd make some phone calls and see if he could find the right one. So I got a call a few hours later with the details. Apparently, the bronze tint is not available aftermarket and the blue/green tint is the only part number listed in their system for LCs and LXs. So they'll order one from the dealership (this part makes me happy since I'd prefer factory glass anyway), but it won't be here for 3 more days. :censor:

At this point, I clearly expressed my dissatisfaction.

Now I've got one blue/green tinted window that I'm not supposed to roll down for a couple days until they can get all their ducks in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom