FJ60 Fender Flares? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had hard time to find fender flares for 1985 FJ60. I thought there is nothing for that model/year but I just saw someone's FJ60 with fender flares on the website. Where can I find one? I need one to cover the rust ;)

I have just installed a new set of SOR fender flares on my truck and have mixed success with the product. GOOD news: looks good and priced good. BAD news: no instructions, welts(rubber gasket that fits between flare and fender) are tough to hold in place, sometimes not enough lip on flare to go under wheel well for you to screw on, glossy black fiberglass scratches easily unlike newer gray flares that they have on most new cars,you will have to drill holes on your rear doors, you will have to buy screws because they only provide rivets which are hard to adjust, there is a space between the bottom lip of the wheel well and the fender flare allowing dirt to accumulate but will eventually exit thru large holes at bottom of fender flares. OVERALL review: the only other option which I saw other than JT's is Man-a-Fre but both are expensive. You might want to get a review of those products first before you buy. If you join SOR 's club you can get 10 pct off but then you 39 buck for the yearly membership. If you have any other questions call me at 773 463 5561. I also bought nerf bars for my 62 and am pleased with the general quality but still have to install them.88 fj62 201k.P.S.- I used the flares to hide the " little less than professional" body work I did to fix the rust on my rear wheels . It did a good job.

Has anyone ever measured Bushwhacker fender flares for an FJ60. They would look great and do wonders for that rust issue we all have. There isn't one listed specifically for the 60 but I am wondering if one for another vehicle would actually fit.......

What are your new flares gonna hold on to when the rest of the fender lip rots away? I would use the $300-500 to repair the rust and forget the flares. Around here, flares are just tree magnets anyway.

Hodag

What are your new flares gonna hold on to when the rest of the fender lip rots away? I would use the $300-500 to repair the rust and forget the flares. Around here, flares are just tree magnets anyway.

Hodag

Ditto, on that point. You have to at least cut the rusty metal off and treat what's left, before you put on the flares, otherwise it is a wasted effort. Hodag and I live in rust-town, so we know all about it.

When I put wider tires on my pickup I'm planning on using heavy conveyor belting for the outermost 3 inches of flair. That is so when I hit a tree it flexes and returns to shape.

I am also looking for a set of fender flares for an 85 FJ60 that I am picking up tomorrow. I went to ww.sor.com but had no luck finding a set for my 60. Any ideas? I see you found them for $369, which is better than $549 on ebay

I am also looking for a set of fender flares for an 85 FJ60 that I am picking up tomorrow. I went to ww.sor.com but had no luck finding a set for my 60. Any ideas? I see you found them for $369, which is better than $549 on ebay

$550 sounds about right, when they quoted $369, that was 13 years ago.

I seem to remember that flares off of a Nissan truck will work on a 60, and you can get them at a pick n pull. Dont' remember which model though, but there's a thread on here somewhere.

I seem to remember that flares off of a Nissan truck will work on a 60, and you can get them at a pick n pull. Dont' remember which model though, but there's a thread on here somewhere.
Pathfinder, not sure on the year range.

I would assume the Hardbody era, which went ~1986 thru about 1995. All hardbody Pathfinders have flares, and the next gen did not, IIRC.

iv put on and taken off flares on 4runners, they trap road dust and salt. Cause more rust then they help. if you are going to cover a rust spot with them kill the rust first and patch it up, cover with some rust prevention paint, It dont have to be pretty.
My 4runner flares are from Bushwacker, I love the look, but the price sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom