78 or older body tub wanted in Nova area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Fellah's

A friend of mine who is off line is looking for a body tub for his 78 FJ40, his is beyond fixing.

Needs to be 78 or older, can be rusty but needs to fixable - even a fair amount of rust is better than what he has.

Fair prices please.

PM me directly. He lives in Vienna.

thanks

John

Last edited:
I can't help your buddy out but is his white I see one in vienna its been parked there for 5 -8 years. does not look like it has moved.

Chris

John,

I'll be replacing the tub on my '76 soon if your friend can't find anything better. My cowl is good but the B pillars, rear quarters, rear floor, and driver's floor need work. Other than that, it's pristine!

John,

I'll be replacing the tub on my '76 soon if your friend can't find anything better. My cowl is good but the B pillars, rear quarters, rear floor, and driver's floor need work. Other than that, it's pristine!

Bob,

This is for a beater truck. Do you think that Ryan could weld some steel in there and make it useable truck for him? I'd do it, but I am 3500 miles away right now.

He'd be willing to pay Ryan to do the work.

I'd fix it for him, but I'm 3500 miles away.

-Stumbaugh

I can't help your buddy out but is his white I see one in vienna its been parked there for 5 -8 years. does not look like it has moved.

Chris

Chris,

No he lives in Great Falls, near Vienna. I think I know the uck your talking about though. Parked on 123 at the intersection of Sutton Rd? I've talked to guy a dozen times and he never wants to sell it. I last saw it driving about 10 years ago. The guy had James Asti go through the whole truck and then it got too rusty to pass inspection.

There is another one parked over near Wolftrap park and Trap Rd, the guy's had it parked there since 1988 with a blown motor and he won't sell it either. I've tried many times as well. The owner Pat had it restored in Korea but then drove it home from work with no oil pressure in the late 80's and it has not moved since. Very sad.

Both of them are sitting there being eaten alive by the tin worm but I guess that is the owners prerogative to do so if they want.

-Stumbaugh

John,

don't you mean its a 'cream-puff'.................:lol:

Only driven to church on Sunday ...

It wouldn't be pretty, but I'm sure Ryan could beef it up enough to keep the sides from wobbling.

Well the 40 my friend needs a tub for sat on his farm in MD and he said that for a long time they used the back of it to feed horses hay and they drank rain water and snow melt out of the front floor.

The spine is rusted out and the seats move up and down a few inches when he gets in and out. The whole rear body cross member is gone and the tire carrier is only held on with structural bondo and tape. It's pretty much a total loss.

Is what you have better than this!?

I'd fix it, but I won't be back until the end of the summer and he wants to use the truck. It does run and drive well and the frame is pretty solid. I guess horse slobber causes rust like a fawker.

-Stumbaugh

Mine is better that what you describe. Your friend is welcome to it as soon as I can get the new tub swapped on.

Chris,

No he lives in Great Falls, near Vienna. I think I know the uck your talking about though. Parked on 123 at the intersection of Sutton Rd? I've talked to guy a dozen times and he never wants to sell it. I last saw it driving about 10 years ago. The guy had James Asti go through the whole truck and then it got too rusty to pass inspection.

Ya thats the one

Bob you gona have the swap done in time for CMCC

chris

Mine is better that what you describe. Your friend is welcome to it as soon as I can get the new tub swapped on.

Cool, I'll tell him. I think he'll be psyched to get something fixable as long as Ryan has time to do the work. I left him a VM a few days ago about it.

thanks Bob, you'll like the guy if you meet him. One of those people that would do anything for you. He just needs a guy like Ryan or Matzell do do the metal work for him and make the truck safe.

Chris, yea that is not far from where my house is so I drive by there all of the time. Sad to see it slowly going back to nature. Last time I looked at it was getting very badly rusted from sitting out in the grass like that.

-Stumbaugh

I'm slowly working on getting the new tub ready but I won't start the swap until after GSMTR. I'm guessing the swap will take 2 - 3 weekends so I'll have to see where it can fit into my wheeling schedule.

Always good to meet another Cruiser guy.

Cool, I told him to get in touch with Ryan.

He is not in a hurry, I told him over a year ago that it was not safe to drive it anymore. I was going to fix it, but then all of a sudden I was moving.

He's had the truck since he was a teenager and he's my age. Considering that I can't keep a truck for a few years w/o finding a better one - 18 FJ40's so far...I have to say that is cool. His drives an 80 every day as well - old school cruiser guy.

Thanks Bob. I owe you a beer and some chili dogs if this all works out.

-Stumbaugh

Mmmmmmm a feast at the VI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom