long time listener... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
been lurking around for a while, finally have the time to post. just a quick introduction as hopefully I will have more time to be on here. great site, every question imaginable has been answered at least twice.

:flipoff2:

A proper intro would include what truck you have. What mods, or what you are looking for etc............ And pics of said vehicle if available.

Sorry but were a nosy bunch.

Apology for improper intro.:eek::)

I have a $400.00 92 3FE with at least 340,000 and no prior maintenence at all that I can see. (less than 2 quarts of sludge in the pan on 1st oil change) has been going strong(but slow) for almost two years now 35x12.50x15's on no lift but for some reason almost no rub. Homemade roof rack and front bumper. Hoping to buy another 92 in a few hours also for $400.00. sorry no pics but I'm not home or anywhere near a camera.

Last edited:
Welcome!:flipoff2:

And where is this "bicycle factory"? Probably the most intriguing location I've read yet...

you can get working 80 series for $400?? I want one! (Don't see that many 80's where I live in Canada, they look flashy there)

Welcome, also interested in how you get them for $400 and that bycicle factory ??

Pantex outside of Amarillo, TX the only site in the country for assembling and disassembling nuclear weapons and storing weapons grade goodies. Uncle Sam used to tell people it was a bicycle factory.
As far as the 400.00 dollar cruisers just lucky I guess. Or so I thought, just pulled my transfer case drain and something eerily close to moly grease oozed out before a bunch of burnt fluid. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I found one around he corner from me and I have been working on the guy for about a year and have talked him from $1800 to $400 for a 92 with lots of dents and 150,000 miles on it. It's really just more of a game now. The one I have now was kind of a freak accident. I traded a blown up 2nd Gen 4runner (tranny and motor on the same day) that I paid cash for years ago and $400 dollars cash. Anyway it still needs a lot of work but I do what I can when I can and it never left me stranded. just pulled the transfer case drain for kicks, glad I did. CruiserDan here I come!

Pantex outside of Amarillo, TX the only site in the country for assembling and disassembling nuclear weapons and storing weapons grade goodies. Uncle Sam used to tell people it was a bicycle factory.
As far as the 400.00 dollar cruisers just lucky I guess. Or so I thought, just pulled my transfer case drain and something eerily close to moly grease oozed out before a bunch of burnt fluid. Any ideas?

My front axle was full of grease when picked up my rig after I bought it off ebay. They filled it with grease to hide the fried bearings and gears from lack of gear lube. I hope your results very. I noticed noises less then halfway of the 1000 miles home.

sorry for the confusion, the one with the problem is mine I have had. this one has been truckin right along for almost 2 years so I don't know what is going on but I do have other means so I guess this is the time to tear the thing apart and build it right. haven't heard back from the the fella with what will hopefully be my new one.

if it's dead, 2 years for 400 dollars is a pretty good deal in my mind and i would imagine it can be resurrected fairly easily.

My front axle was full of grease when picked up my rig after I bought it off ebay. They filled it with grease to hide the fried bearings and gears from lack of gear lube. I hope your results very. I noticed noises less then halfway of the 1000 miles home.
that's rough, man, sorry to hear that. hope it all worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom