1981 fj40 found on PA Craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that is seriously cheap for an 81.

Pretty sure it's a scam. Sent an email. Here's what they replied.

I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and
away from a computer. The truck is located in Las Vegas, NV, in
excellent running and body condition, no flaws on it or any other
mechanical problems. It has a clear title and it will be signed and
notarized on your name as soon as the payment will be completed. This
was my husband's truck who passed away 4 months ago and it only brings
me bad memories. I only hope to find a good home for it and to be taken
care of like my husband did. I want this transaction to be smooth and I
don't have much time at my disposal to waste my time with endless
discussions. I believe $6,500(not negotiable) with all shipping fees
anywhere in the continental US included is more than a fair price.
I lost my husband in an accident 4 months ago and I was badly injured.
Since then I have to come to Santa Monica for treatment every 2 weeks
but if the truck sells, I will be in Las Vegas in no less than 24h to
arrange delivery (with DAS on a closed trailer). This is the main reason
that we'll need to work through Vehicle Purchase Protection Program and
they will keep the payment until the purchase is final, and you test and
accept the truck. If you will not get the truck as described, and also a
clean title you will receive your money back. To be able to use this
program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was
very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my husband's truck
just let me know your name and home phone number. I will forward them to
the protection program and wait for the approval.
Thank you,
Amanda Rambin.

FJ40

That is a scam, it has been all over craigslist. To bad we can't get a hold of them and use them for sliders. I hate crooks. :mad:

This is my first post and I just wanted to thank you all. I saw a post here earlier about this. Just for fun, I replied to the add, as I'm sure many did. Got the same response back as was posted. So I figured what the hey, I'll write back. Told'em I'd be in Vegas in few days and wanted to do the transaction in person. Told 'em I'd drive it home so I didn't need the Transportation they offered. I even offered more than they were asking for"her trouble". They didn't respond immediately. A day later, I got an "Invoice" from Craiglist's Buyer Protection Dept (or something similiar). When I finally stop laughing, I might reply some more.

I was gonna flip them the old Nigeria scam and ask if I sent them a cashier's check for more than the asking price, if they'd send me the truck and the change. My wife talked me out of it.

Anyway's, thanks to a previous thread for the heads up. I'm going to look at a local FJ40 tomorrow.

peace,

bob :)

This is my first post and I just wanted to thank you all. I saw a post here earlier about this. Just for fun, I replied to the add, as I'm sure many did. Got the same response back as was posted. So I figured what the hey, I'll write back. Told'em I'd be in Vegas in few days and wanted to do the transaction in person. Told 'em I'd drive it home so I didn't need the Transportation they offered. I even offered more than they were asking for"her trouble". They didn't respond immediately. A day later, I got an "Invoice" from Craiglist's Buyer Protection Dept (or something similiar). When I finally stop laughing, I might reply some more.

I was gonna flip them the old Nigeria scam and ask if I sent them a cashier's check for more than the asking price, if they'd send me the truck and the change. My wife talked me out of it.

Anyway's, thanks to a previous thread for the heads up. I'm going to look at a local FJ40 tomorrow.

peace,

bob :)

Brilliant, beat them at their own game. I wonder what would have happened if you had lead them on longer :D Hope you find your 40 and welcome :flipoff2: (the official one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom