Mysterious tank under my hood. Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have this little broken reservior under the hood of my 60 ('86). I can't figure out what it does and it isn't shown in my service book. Any ideas what it is and where to get one? It is on the drivers side in the photo.
Picture.jpg

That's your headlight washer reservoir.

I picked a nice used one from a local wrecker for about $20, pump attached.

Yup the hose coming off of it runs down and behind your grill (but in front of radatior) then splits into 2 seperate hoses each one going to your headlight squiters.

A new one from Cruiser Dan will run around $100.00.

I've been needing one too, but I think I'll hold out for used one.

Which makes me wonder...why is it these crack so easy? I don't think they crack as much as the Windshield Washer tank.

Maybe gets hotter over on that side?:hmm:

My guess is heat from the exhaust manifold and that it is a 20y/o piece of crap plastic.

Which makes me wonder...why is it these crack so easy? I don't think they crack as much as the Windshield Washer tank.

100 buck from c dan? why have i waited so long??

I also think they crack easily because the sun is able to fade the plastic parts through the gaps between the hood and front quarter panel. I bought my rig in Arizona, and the sun there had cracked all the plastic parts that were exposed.

Mine is all jacked up too. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to fab one in of a different material that doesn't crack so easily(thinking out loud)? Thoughts anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom