Hood Shock's are just a 1 Bannana Job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been working on cars all day helped a Buddy put set of KONI coil overs on his GTI, looks really good.

After that i was still in wrench turning mood so I got together the stuff to do the hood struts.

Just wanted to post the pics. Also I have had the truck painted and just got it back two weeks ago.
IMG_0043.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg

Some more pics.

And I got the struts from Advanced Auto. I got the ball studs from NAPA. Less that $50 for the whole thing.
IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg

Your hood struds job looks good! Wanna do that too!
Question: what's the strud lenght?
can the [old] one from the tail gate be used?

Rob

PS Curious question, how come your air intake filter is going to the right side?
All TLC's I've seen incl. mine it goes to the left. What model do you have?

Looks good, I consider this a safety mod after attempting to decapitate myself while working on my Subaru (bumped the hood prop, hood fell).

dorcom: the filter/piping is the same as on my 62?

No. They won't be strong enough to hold up the hood. There are a lot of vendors out there where struts can be obtained cheap (a lot cheaper than OEM liftgate ones). I got mine for like $15 each through Reid supply. Search the FAQ section for more info on the strut conversion.

HTH-

PS Curious question, how come your air intake filter is going to the right side?

Before I decided to do the vortec swap I was going to cut and weld my intake like he has his. It is a common mod if you want a snorkel.

Your hood struds job looks good! Wanna do that too!
Question: what's the strud lenght?

Rob

Sorry I have taken so long to reply, but i am out of the country in the Navy on cruise. The air cleaner was all fabbed up by me so i could do something different and not have to run a BJ air cleaner or a really long intake flex hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom