Mounting RTT to Trailer?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm buying a 5' x 12' utility trailer and fabricating / welding a 4' x 5' raised platform with reinforced expansion metal deck to mount RTT at the front of the trailer. I want to park a 4-wheeler below the deck w/RTT. I'm also converting it to SOA w/33" tires to gain some additional clearance for mild off-road excursions. How should I secure the RTT to the expansion metal deck? Any / all input is appreciated...

Depends on the RTT.
And you'd probably want to secure it to a cross-member rather than to the expanded metal?

Depends on the RTT.
And you'd probably want to secure it to a cross-member rather than to the expanded metal?

Please elaborate...should I deck the platform with treated plywood and screw to plywood OR other? FYI- it will be a new Mombasa Expedition tent. Thanks

I think that some type of a crossbar system would be better too. Don't think as much along the lines of a floor, as you would a rafter or joist system to hold up the tent. A simple tube rack that was gusseted would be sure light and stable.

Hop into the trailer section and ask a few fellas to post up pics.

You'll love the RTT! :D

if the new Mombasa is like the older ones, there is no need for a floor to mount it to. Just a couple of crossbars will do. And expanded metal mesh (the common kind I'm thinking about at least) is not very strong. I have posted pics of my mounting system here if that helps. OTOH I use a "cover" on the trailer to keep wandering fingers out...

if the new Mombasa is like the older ones, there is no need for a floor to mount it to. Just a couple of crossbars will do. And expanded metal mesh (the common kind I'm thinking about at least) is not very strong. I have posted pics of my mounting system here if that helps. OTOH I use a "cover" on the trailer to keep wandering fingers out...

Pics??? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom