Back from SDTrux (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up the rig last night from SDTrux, John and Darryl did an outstanding job as usual with the installation. I was driving home falling in love with my 80 all over again. I think if I was P-Diddy I would still be driving this thing on a daily basis. Only difference would be the addition of a few mods of course, especially a rear Slee bumper.

I have not wired up the CB yet as I am not liking the idea of the Little will magnet antenna, I really want to mount a firestick on the front Short bus bumper, can anyone give me some advice or feedback about the reception I woul dget with that set up? I am primarily using for trail runs, I know the little will would probably provide better reception, but I really want an antenna on the bumper as opposed to sticking up off the roof. I wonder how it would work in the city with the firestick set up, anyone?

Incase no one saw the sliders I included a pic of those too, they are from Stubbs welding. The Emu sticker is from an E-bay retailer in Malaysia, cool eh?

309471928.jpg

309471922.jpg

309471920.jpg

New IPFs courtesy of Costco and snorkel from Man-a-fre

309471926.jpg

Got few $$ to save before I can order my slee bumper tire carrier, anyone want to help? I need to sell my pair of Australian Olive pythons for a grand, anyone?:flipoff2: They dont bite:lol:

Here is the female looking extra grumpy

120442674.jpg

And the male all cozy...

290640169.jpg

Just picked up the rig last night from SDTrux, John and Darryl did an outstanding job as usual with the installation. I was driving home falling in love with my 80 all over again. I think if I was P-Diddy I would still be driving this thing on a daily basis. Only difference would be the addition of a few mods of course, especially a rear Slee bumper.

I have not wired up the CB yet as I am not liking the idea of the Little will magnet antenna, I really want to mount a firestick on the front Short bus bumper, can anyone give me some advice or feedback about the reception I woul dget with that set up? I am primarily using for trail runs, I know the little will would probably provide better reception, but I really want an antenna on the bumper as opposed to sticking up off the roof. I wonder how it would work in the city with the firestick set up, anyone?

Incase no one saw the sliders I included a pic of those too, they are from Stubbs welding. The Emu sticker is from an E-bay retailer in Malaysia, cool eh?

309471928.jpg

309471922.jpg

309471920.jpg

New IPFs courtesy of Costco and snorkel from Man-a-fre

309471926.jpg

Got few $$ to save before I can order my slee bumper tire carrier, anyone want to help? I need to sell my pair of Australian Olive pythons for a grand, anyone?:flipoff2: They dont bite:lol:

Here is the female looking extra grumpy

120442674.jpg

And the male all cozy...

290640169.jpg

haha, that seriously made me uncomfortable. She's looking at me like I owe her money....

In the famous words of Indiana Jones...I HATE snakes. You're on your own there pal!

The rig is looking great. Sliders look nice and beefy like the Hanna's, but with a bump out.

CB antennas on the bumper are generally a bad idea. You want a large surface as a ground plane. I have a little wil mag mount on my roof and it works great, although I rarely use it. When you have a ham, CBs are dull at best...

Truck looks good. Me likey.

I just did a pretty nice Antenna Mount on the inside of my DS rear lift gate. I used this guy off of e-bay and he was very fast shipping. I can;t find the mount I used but it was a fender type mount that fit inside the gap between the lift gate and the body. I screwed it into the rear pillar and ran the wire inside the rear panels, under the rear door plate and under the driver seat.
You can kinda see the mount in this pic. I have a closer pic if you want me to e-mail it to you.
P1010201.jpg

Last edited:
I like the rig, looks stout.

I have that same bumper and looking for a winch for it now.
got any pics of how you did the hookups?

at the moment, the only one I can afford is this model:
Montana Scale Designs

I used the SBB1 antenna and the KC400 mount for my ham on the back lid.
18" and black flexi and it picks up everything great, stays out of the way of branches and not in my sight line.

Looking good! Now c'mon and just drill a hole in your roof:D. I have grown pretty attached to mine on the roof; it looks like a race radio antenna:cool: Why aren't you wheelin' with us this weekend? It's supposed to be a full moon tomorrow night.

Looks awesome. It is so great to get mods done to the rig. I think it helps cleanse the soul.

yeah

Thanks guys. I like the sliders too. They bug me a little that they dont cant upwards, I like that look, but they are beefy.

I should be wheeling with you guys this weekend your right, two problems...one is called grad school kicking my arse second is called...... a new :princess:.

How do you get to valley of the moon I have always wanted to run that trail? I would really like to know. One thing for sure I am long over due to get out wheelin w/ you guys.

John has attention to detail that exceeds my expectations, thats why I send my truck there.

got any pics of how you did the hookups?

Hook up the winch? It was very straight forward, what did you want to see exactly:hmm:

The Emu sticker is from an E-bay retailer in Malaysia, cool eh?

309471928.jpg

You might be OK with the Slee rear bumper since the tire sit's pretty much in the middle but any other bumper you are going to either cover up the cool EMU sticker or the other 3....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom