engine issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, so i am having the same engine problems i was having a while ago. while in any gear, even N and P, it is surging, but not in rythm. its very sparce. when i press on the gas pedal to get her moving, it sputters a bit, but after about 2 seconds, kicks in and goes. when at highway speeds in D, i'll press the gas pedal, it sputters, and then has to take time to get going, like in idle. and the car is throwing a 51, any ideas?

FSM is the way to go. The haynes will tell you what the code is, the FSM will show you how to test the parts. Think of it this way, the FSM is specific to your model (62 in this case) and is roughly 2" thick. The Haynes covers several models, and is what, 3/4" thick?

my dad had a 62 before mine, an 89, and he sold it....stupid mistake(even he says so), and we had a FSM with it...:(
no i dont have one, and my car is giving me some issues, and i need one again..dang

FSM is the way to go. The haynes will tell you what the code is, the FSM will show you how to test the parts. Think of it this way, the FSM is specific to your model (62 in this case) and is roughly 2" thick. The Haynes covers several models, and is what, 3/4" thick?
On my old Haynes if he has the same he can look on page 4b17 and yes find how to test it but on page 4b16 it tells how to install.....not the best but before i got my fsm that is what i used. I am sure between him and his father or somebody...they can make sense out of it

On my old Haynes if he has the same he can look on page 4b17 and yes find how to test it but on page 4b16 it tells how to install.....not the best but before i got my fsm that is what i used. I am sure between him and his father or somebody...they can make sense out of it

Okay, I'll concede that, but I'd like to see someone rebuild their front axle (or A440F for that matter) for the first time using the Haynes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom