Spring over? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not sure if I should convert to a spring over or not. Can anyone tell me how many inches of lift the conversion gives? From what I can see (just by glancing at it) looks like about 5 or 6". Also not sure if I want all that lift, I would like something I can do the right way and fairly cheap and nothing more than 33's under it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also I'm in the process of changing the timing cover gasket, are there any other major, or minor, components (besides hoses and other gaskets) I should replace while everything is out? Already pulled the crankshaft pully :beer: ! Any other tips would be great. THANKS.

I'm not sure if I should convert to a spring over or not. I would like something I can do the right way and fairly cheap and nothing more than 33's under it.

You've pretty much answered your own question. SOA typically is done if the rig is intended for 35's or bigger. If you're looking for around 3 inches, search OME lifts or hell creek suspension ( something like that). Its been covered A LOT! Hell creek should be cheaper then OME (its in development) so that handles your price issue.

Landcruiserjunky

Wait till you have more than one post to ask about SOA. In fact, wait till you have about 100 and then ask again.

Short answer: not for you

Add-a-leafs
Shackles
33's
Enjoy:)

Save your time and money on the SOA for now...

$900 bucks before shipping, no shackles, no steering stabilizer. my math puts this in the same OME category price wise. As much as I apreciate buying american, when were talking this kind of money Im not going to chance it. Go with what works, I dont have time for any issues with a new lift kit.

Add-a-leafs
Shackles
33's
Enjoy:)

Save your time and money on the SOA for now...

x2- my '84 came with long AAL's, longer rear shackles and was riding on 33x9.5 bfg at's. It was a really nice setup for dd'ing with some dirt roads/minor off-roading.

If you're only looking to fit 33s, I wouldn't look @ new springs or even a spring over. Both are more work than it's worth for a set ot 33s.

I'd just look into longer shackles with a caster shim up front to return the steering angles to normal. If you want it a little taller, spook around and see if you can scrounge a long/thin leaf from a stock pack (prefferably the main leaf or the mil-wrap leaf) that you can add to your pack. That will give you probably 3/4-1" itself and shouldn't ride as stiff as an aftermarket AAL. (a lot cheaper too)

*THREAD HIJACK
So were is a good place to look for hells creek suspension or ome?
I am such a newb to cruisers its not even funny. ask me anything about a ifs tacoma and i'll let u know. lol
edit: what are other options for lifts on these, besides body lifts. aal's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom