Can you fold down the windshield with windhshield mounted mirrors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not having doors for my 78 I have looked longingly at those mirrors that bolt onto the windshield hinges on each side. Anybody know if you can fold the windshield down with those in place?:steer:

Yes :steer:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have the same mirrors on my '74 that fast eddy does but I cant tell if his telescope out like mine do and they are tough, and was glad to see I could indeed fold down the windshield but sometimes with the hard top on I wish they were a little bigger as I have blind spots

Funny, mine are mounted on the windshield side of the hinge so I can't use them when I fold my windshield down.

IF you move the mount to the SIDE of the windshield hinge, you not only avoid the issue altogether, but it makes it easier for the arm assembly to hinge backwards to the door opening when it bumps into something:idea:, rather than BENDING against the edge of the windshield hinge.:mad:

Just my .02

Mark A.

I have the same mirrors on my '74 that fast eddy does but I cant tell if his telescope out like mine do and they are tough, and was glad to see I could indeed fold down the windshield but sometimes with the hard top on I wish they were a little bigger as I have blind spots

Which mirrors are those, and what is the best source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom