Coastal Cruiser Meeting Feb 14 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HEADS UP GUYS - CLUB MEETING THURSDAY FEB 14
Don't wimp out just because its Valentine's day -- bring her with you! :eek:
Meet up at the spike 6:00 pm for grub.
Meeting starts ~8:00 at EBI shop.
-Hear tall stories re past River Shivers from Norm, Phil and Millson.
-Wheeling plans for February-March. :steer:
-Many club dues are overdue.
-Website update.
-Cruiser Days planning.
-Any new members will receive latest Toyota Trails magazine.
-Cool raffle prizes.
-Other business.

Last edited:
River Shiver is Feb 15 -18, it is after the meeting, so you will have to wait for tall tales at the March meeting.:p

yeah sorry guys i cant make it ..........ill be in squamish that week so yeah ill see you guys in march

I can't make it, unfortunately. Family trip to the Kootenays.

I've been told that the raffle prizes I've been buying are not what members want. So I'm turning over the shopping to Millson from now on.

I'm happily married so I'll be there

Jeezz Billy i didin't think you were so sensitive :lol:

On the calendar front i need to collect from those of you that have got them but still owe....

I also will be bringing the last few tonight that have not gotten to their owners, those are...

Aaron,Barry,Rod,Ryan, if you can't make it tonight drop me a line and we'll make some arrangments.

Dan i will be leaving yours with Steve like you asked or Greg and i will be swinging through Kamalpoops tomorow on our way to the River, let me know.

Thanks,
R.

COASTAL CRUISER MEETING THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2008.

Being Valentine’s Day, only a few turned out for grub and about 13 members were present at the meeting:
Mike N, Mike McT, Mat R, Sopel, Gary T, Steve T, Rob Millson, Chris H, Drew E, Phil S, John G, Garry B, & Bill W.

The meeting started with a review of high points of the January Harrison Lake BBQ and attempt at the Clear Creek road. We decided that the snow in most areas right now is too deep to attempt trips off-road, although that could change quickly if it warms up. River Shiver starts Feb 15 and we hope to hear about that for the next meeting if Greg B and Millson do go.

The first club camping long weekend will be May 17-19 this year at will be to the Churn Creek area. Details will be announced here on Mud. Other wheeling trips will be to Roche Lake near Kamloops, Whipsaw, Walker Valley Washington, and the Ashnola area.

While many CC club dues are now paid up, about 10 are still outstanding. Bill will send out emails again, and then possibly remove those locals who don’t attend meetings or respond to emails.

Website and Cruiser Days update: James M was not present, but hopes to present some progress by the March meeting. In the meantime, we are moving ahead with the July 19 Cruiser Days planning and Mat hopes to contact some radio stations as well as work with Marcin on the 08 poster, and Millson will try to post an event blurb on Craig’s List. Once the poster is complete, we must all help by going around and getting them displayed in appropriate businesses. Also, we need more vendors. Food services may be a problem again, as the Lion’s Club is not available this year.

The raffle prizes will continue to be purchased by Bill and suggestions were forwarded to buy items such as the stainless coffee press at Coast Mtn. Sports, drill and router bits, rags, varsol and solvent sprayer, gear oil, grease and motor oil. This meeting’s raffle winners were: Rob Millson the battery charger, Mike McT the plunge router, Phil the folding work bench, hats with lights and gloves to Steve T and John G, and 12’x16’ tarp to Mat. Thanks again Mat for putting the cool hat back in for Steve to win.

The meeting broke up fairly early by 10:00 and members scurried home quickly to appease their lonely valentine sweethearts. A big thanks to all those who made it to the meeting and proved, once and for all, that they are not typical pussy-whipped Canadian males. ;o)

~Bill
arg-two-female-eyes-url.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom