Where to Get Chains in San Jose Area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

supercarrera

I Like LEDs
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Anybody know a good place to get tire chains in San Jose for 285/75/16s? I would like to get some today. Also, should I get them for all the way around, or for just two tires?

Thanks!

Scott

Go to lesschwab.com and use the locater, there are some nearby. If you are planning on running in the snow and need chains then I recommend chaining up all four.

If you can wait a few days, give these guys a call. They have REAL chains, very heavy duty ones you can run in mud and for extreme duty. Tire Chains by Tirechains.com
I'm not sure what Les Schwab carries, but the tire chain guys carry a range of styles. Running all four would be best, but two is better than nothing.

I won't really be playing in the snow, but we're headed to Sequoia Nat Park on Saturday morning and I'd hate to get there to find out we need chains... Last night we checked the road conditions and chains were required for 4Xs on SR180. My friend has chains for his foreskinner, so we'll probably end up taking that, but I'd rather be able to take my Cruiser...

Schwab carriers the "quick fits" that are easy to install. They come in 2 link diameter sizes and the larger of the two are rated for off road. Pretty much the same as the Rud Chains I run that Bill Burke advertises, easy on and work great. You can also get the ladder style chains that most are familiar with which come in standard or with the ice gripper feature.

Tirechains.com is also an excellent source as mentioned but you have to have them shipped. Most likely cheaper through them if you have the time to wait for shipping.

Yeah I wish I'd taken care of this earlier... :bang: It looks like it's gonna dump on where we're going this weekend and I really would have liked to take my Cruiser...

I'd love to go to Les Schwab, but it's 20 miles away. A bit too far to make on my lunch hour...

Did you find a solution yet? I think that many tire stores carry chains this time of year. Big O, America's Tire, etc. Also auto parts stores.

David Sword

I wanna buy my second set of chains from Tirechains.com .. but want the Heavy Duty truck model with cams .. ( that don't appears on the website ) but it's imposible call and talk with 'em ..

Any other site to place an onlyne order of chains with cams .?

Did you find a solution yet? I think that many tire stores carry chains this time of year. Big O, America's Tire, etc. Also auto parts stores.

David Sword

No, I went to Pep Boys and they only had cables :rolleyes:. Looked like they did sell real chains, but of course they were out of stock. I didn't have time to run all over the place so looks like we're taking my friend's foreskinner, which will give me time to order some from tirechains.com for next time...

You might try Kragens... I bought a set for my old 285's years ago and was surprised Kragens carried the real chains (not cables) from one of the better chain mfg's. I had to ask as they did not have them out on their shelves and not all stores stocked them. They may not carry them now but worth a try - they can be coaxed in to checking stock at various stores for you. Good Luck

Walmart

I got mine... serious chain link ones...@ wally world.... about $75 for a pair... Sounds like someone is headin' to mammoth or Tahoe vicinity maybe??... and wants some extra grip

chainsrequired
1-800-327-3806

i believe they're in san jose or around the vicinity. i paid $210 for all four chains. and they were the grip 4x4 chains by RUD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom