Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey i've had a couple of questions lately about tires. My plan so far is to put a soa on and put 35's on. My question is what kind of tires do i want to get. (i still have a lot of time to reserach but just wanting to hear what you guys say) But i ride on the street a good bit so i want some tires that don't wear down really fast, but i want something a little bit better than at. I was looking at the Mickey Thompson mtz and heard good reviews about them but i read their for lighter trucks and i've really only seen them on jeeps. Would putting them on a heavier truck really make that much of a difference? And also what tires would yall recommond if not those thanks

Welcome to MUD!

Is it your daily driver? If so BFG AT's are good tires as long as you do not drive in the rain a lot. My experience with them is they hydro plane very easy.

The more aggresive tread pattern you go with, the faster they will wear on the streets. They tend to be a bit noisier as well. I'm trying a set of the 35" Pro Comp's MT hybrid style for the first time.

X2, on the daily driver, if it isn't, another option is BFG mud TA's. I run them on my trail rigs. Seem to hold up well in the rocks and have ample traction.
:cheers:

thanks for the replies i'd rather get something a little bit better in the mud than alterains because i do do a good bit of wheeling so yea just lookng for some mt's that wear deciantly well on the road and curious about running the mt mtz but wasn't sure how well they did on heavier trucks and if thats not a good choice what tires do yall run and like

I run 35" BFG MT's on my FJ40 and will be running the 33" BFG MT's my FJ60 when the BFG AT's run bald. My wife runds 285/75/16 BFG MT on her horse trailer pulling truck and has not had a single problem. She also runs the 33" BFG MT on her CJ-8. I run the 285/75/16 BFG AT on our 99 Tahoe 4x4 with no problems at all.

i have ran both bfg A/T and M/T and I will not go back to the all terrain for a wheeler. I just like traction too much. wish I had swampers now, although Ihaven't gotten stuck yet, so who knows???

I've never heard of a BFG MT owner yet who didnt like them for all around use. I still consider my BFG MT KM2's the ultimate AT tyre.
They also come in 33x10.5x15 which is just pimpin' like butta.:grinpimp:

I've never heard of a BFG MT owner yet who didnt like them for all around use. I still consider my BFG MT KM2's the ultimate AT tyre.
They also come in 33x10.5x15 which is just pimpin' like butta.:grinpimp:

x2 on the 33x10.50R15 size, man best i've used yet, it lets me get the big tires with a small lift and no fender mods... not that bad of street manners and all kinds of traction. I bought mine about 6 months too soon, no km2 here, just km... but still best tire i've driven:grinpimp:

thebosshog runs 31x10.50R15 BFG A/T on his fj55 and they are good too, better on ice but nothing near the m/t in the mud or rocks or anything else for that matter.

(i ran 33x12.50R15 BFG A/T for years and hated them, way too wide for any traction, that was on a lighter rig though, and they were an improvement over the bald cheapie mud terrains i bought the truck with, slippery...)

pro comp x terrain and the new pro comp mud. 2 times a year pro comp has a buy 3 get one free sale and you can get a set of 33 12.50 15 for $600

thanks guys i'm defiantly going to check out the bfg mt a little bit closer i know most people have them which makes me think they're reliable and do good in the mud. What are the price ranges on them jw?

i got 33/10.50 AT on my 87 DD with 4:11 nice on F/W up hill a bit slow :D

IIRC I paid $850 ish for four mounted and balanced from a small local tire guy(recently shut down by the man. damnthe man and long live don fleury)

best bfg prices i have found are on tirerack.com

you can have them shipped directy to a preffered local tire shop for an install. shop they sent me to was best in town.

IIRC I paid $850 ish for four mounted and balanced from a small local tire guy(recently shut down by the man. damnthe man and long live don fleury)

best bfg prices i have found are on tirerack.com

you can have them shipped directy to a preffered local tire shop for an install. shop they sent me to was best in town.

Take the quote in to your local tire shop. They may match the price. My local tire shops have all done it in the past. They may not match the price but they may come close and throw in a set of Lug nuts or something.

Taking internet bought tires into a tire shop is kinda like take your own steak to a resturant and asking them to cook it.

What's your location JC? That should play into your decision some. FWIW BFG MT's suck in the snow compared to an AT. Unlike D'Animal, I've had zero problems with hydroplaning on AT's.

That said, I now own a set of nearly worn out SS LTBs for play.

well i won't be dealing much with snow i live in SC columbia and haven't had any year for past couple years so mostly just mud and clay and little bit of rock not much though are the km2's alot more expensive than just the km's is it worth the extra $$ in your opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom